Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I'm so paranoid about these things but I went to install my new head unit and I got the aftermarket adapter combo kit from ae64 and did not use the power wires that were setup as a T because I am running power straight from the battery for my amp. I wired up a line converter using the marked rear speakers on the wiring harness (double checked) and left the other wires alone except the remote blue wire which I need for the amp as well. I plugged in the harness and went to start my car just to test make sure the radio still worked and now my dome lights and radio don't work. Now I am not too worried as I'm sure its just a fuse but what worries me is why it blew in the first place. Any ideas? Please and thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did do it with the battery connected the first time I don't know if thats why or not. It was stupid of me but I was rushing.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It could of blown due to a voltage spike while inatalling your conponents. I would monitor for a battery draw at this point and if it blows again then you will need to recheck your wiring and install and inline fuse or inline fuses to those added ckts to see which ckts are causing the issue

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did have an inline fuse on the power cable, I actually took the fuse out while running the wire, so it blew at the radio wiring harness as far as I can tell. I'm going to play with it today and let everyone know how it goes.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I did this when I put in my upgrades. Blew a fuse that's in the box under the hood. The fuse was not mentioned in the user handbook at all, but I did find out about it in the service manual.
Will see if I can find the placement tomorrow. Nighttime here now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update it was simply because I left the battery connected, you MUST disconnect the battery first. after replacing the very bottom center fuse next to the empty placeholder on the US model Manuel everything worked and my setup is now complete and working great. Thank you everyone for your help and I hope this comes in handy for other people in the future worrying about such things.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just to clarify for others, it's the 20A fuse in the box under the hold, on the side of the box towards the front of the car. Thanks for saving me some time pulling 50 fuses!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Why bring back a 6 year old thread?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts