Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already replaced the resistor and blower fan once (not too long ago). Having issues again with setting 1 and 4. I got a new resistor OEM this time. Just popped it in and no luck. Still not working. I checked my fuses (on the inside fuse box) and they seemed ok. I also pulled the relay next to the blower motor and jumped it and checked continuity and that was ok. Any idea what else this issue could be? I'm at a loss and I've been researching with no avail. 2013 XV premium

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
1,655 Posts
Check fuses with an ohm meter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Follow up. Checked the switch thanks Marty1. After figuring out how to get the front dash trim off here is want I found. Clearly this is the issue and needs to be fixed. Question is what causes this? Could it have been my old blower crapping out and drawing too much power? This looks pretty bad. Also best place to get these parts? Do I need to replace with a splice or can I replace just the clip and the control know connection?
Also since I'm at it any recommendations on a better head unit since I got it all off? Nothing crazy this car is past it's time but new speakers and stereo wouldn't be a bad idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
1,655 Posts
Follow up. Checked the switch thanks Marty1. After figuring out how to get the front dash trim off here is want I found. Clearly this is the issue and needs to be fixed. Question is what causes this? Could it have been my old blower crapping out and drawing too much power? This looks pretty bad. Also best place to get these parts? Do I need to replace with a splice or can I replace just the clip and the control know connection?
Also since I'm at it any recommendations on a better head unit since I got it all off? Nothing crazy this car is past it's time but new speakers and stereo wouldn't be a bad idea.
There are many threads on HUs. Just search.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Others have had the same issue, because of water ingress into the blower motor, causing it to draw a higher than normal current. See this thread: Melting climate controls | Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums (subaruxvforum.com)
Here's the TSB about it: MC-10169881-0001.pdf (nhtsa.gov)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts