Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Not my photo. I found it with an Internet search. As far as your project is concerned, it doesn't matter. It isn't feasible. This image was labeled 2015 Outback.

All Subarus that have it and I would guess most other makes use radar antennas in the rear corners for blind spot and rear crossing traffic detection.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
maybe the XV 2016 will have it ... It's one of the small little things that annoy me with the XV. It gets all the perks and technology that other cars have much later, just to keep the exclusivity on Outbacks and Foresters:/ and I mean blind spot detection is such an old technology that it should be standard on the premium trims at least. Look at EyeSight, technology/perk so young (i meant the whole package, not individual pieces that compose it) and we already have it on XV, why cant; we get one more radar in the rear.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
There has been some conversation about trusting the Eyesight system as possibly being a bad thing. I don't get that. Blind side tech is a different story. I believe that can cause trouble if relied upon without a visual check. The tech level may improve, but right now I don't see it as something to be relied upon to work every time. I've seen test reports on other makes that indicate motorcycle detection is especially iffy and I prefer to ride whenever weather permits.

·
Registered
99 Posts
There has been some conversation about trusting the Eyesight system as possibly being a bad thing. I don't get that. Blind side tech is a different story. I believe that can cause trouble if relied upon without a visual check. The tech level may improve, but right now I don't see it as something to be relied upon to work every time. I've seen test reports on other makes that indicate motorcycle detection is especially iffy and I prefer to ride whenever weather permits.
I've never thought any of the EyeSight or blind spot detection technologies should ever be solely relied upon. Electronics are complex and no matter how well tested can fail. Something as simple as turning your head and looking in the mirror is the most reliable.

I see EyeSight and like technologies as a way to help prevent an accident when an otherwise attentive driver misses something (nobody is perfect) and they should not be used as an excuse to drive distracted rather they should be used to augment a drivers attentiveness.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Does the Blind Spot set up on the XV Crosstrek ( assuming this is in the MY17 and below models) have an on / off button near the ignition switch array?? pic I asume is the case and gives the freegom to switch on and off if not interested??

Also does the annoying chirp warning sound the same for the other warning sounds? Like those error beeps when locking keys in the car etc or leaving door ajar etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts