Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought my first Subaru a few weeks ago and am looking to buy some crossbars for it.
The car is a 20201 Subaru Crosstrek Premium.
I'm looking at the Aero Crossbar set, part number E361SFL400.

Does anybody have any other suggestions for crossbars?
I'm looking in the $150-$200 price range.

·
Needs a Butch car
2020 Crosstrek Premium
917 Posts
What will you use them for? There are aftermarket options that might have a higher load rating, but I would think that the OEM crossbars are probably more than adequate for most people.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What will you use them for? There are aftermarket options that might have a higher load rating, but I would think that the OEM crossbars are probably more than adequate for most people.
Transport a bike and potentially two kayaks.
The OEM have a max weight of 150lbs, I think they would be able to handle the kayaks.

·
Needs a Butch car
2020 Crosstrek Premium
917 Posts
Yeah I think OEM would suit you then. There are knock off versions of the OEM bars on eBay and amazon, but I don't think it's worth the risk. I'd just look for the cheapest OEM bars that you can find and call it a day.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport, Plasma Yellow Pearl
120 Posts
Go with the OEM. Sounds like it'll fit your use case.

You can also see if you can find a nice set of used crossbars on OfferUp, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, et cetera, especially if you live in/nearby a major city. The depreciation is pretty large for these accessories.

I was able to cop used, but in very excellent condition, a set of Yakima RailBars (one large cross bar, one medium crossbar) for $200. This is less than the cost of one bar ($229 per bar). I was going to buy these new, but they were hard to source due to inventory shortage for outdoor car accessories the past year...

·
Registered
18 Posts
In my experience the OEM bars have been very quiet compared to some of the aftermarket choices. Just an FYI if you are sensitive to NVH.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts