Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,088 Posts
I hadn't really played with my dashcam much. Just looking at the card, it is recording, and the recordings seem fine. There's a different file for the front and the rear cam. Only things, the recordings seem to make it seem darker out than I think it was when some of them were done, and the front one pics up reflections of things which are on the dash.

What I have not done is learn to set it up to record and save specific times and trips. Which I think it can do, but would take a much larger card than I have. So what it is doing is the every day trips, which is the defense against other drivers reason for having the things. What I'd have to learn to set it up special for is recording adventures. It's set to rotate writing over old files. So it has files for about 5 days use of the car.

This is a rexing front and rear cam.

Reactions: AstroKats

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been looking at Dash Cams for awhile and finally found one that is small, has GPS and is under $100. Did I mention that it's small because it's really small. I wanted small to not interfere with the Eyesight or mirror dimmer and I didn't want to see it while I drive. It's completely hidden behind the mirror. Just hardwired it in today (under the Eyesight cover along the headliner, down the A pillar) in about ten minutes. It took longer to figure out the fuses. Make sure to get a hardwire kit with a 90 degree left mini USB. https://www.amazon.com/Dash-Cam-Dashboard-Recording-Camera/dp/B07F1BPJKL/ref=sr_1_3?

61PYe7tNqTL._SL1001_.jpg

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,886 Posts
I've been looking at Dash Cams for awhile and finally found one that is small, has GPS and is under $100. Did I mention that it's small because it's really small. I wanted small to not interfere with the Eyesight or mirror dimmer and I didn't want to see it while I drive. It's completely hidden behind the mirror. Just hardwired it in today (under the Eyesight cover along the headliner, down the A pillar) in about ten minutes. It took longer to figure out the fuses. Make sure to get a hardwire kit with a 90 degree left mini USB. https://www.amazon.com/Dash-Cam-Dashboard-Recording-Camera/dp/B07F1BPJKL/ref=sr_1_3?

View attachment 289498
You went behind the airbag roll, right? :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
You went behind the airbag roll, right? :D
Yes, after reading the many install threads on here I knew to avoid the bag but..... In reality I think the bag would make quick work of the wire along with the plastic pillar cover (that comes off easily by hand for the install). If that bag gets deployed I doubt you'll care much about the wiring although, you'll probably want to retrieve the SD card.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts