Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,657 Posts
How are you able to have a NY State registered vehicle and drive with just one license plate?
LOL, same here in California. Lots of people break the law but there's not much enforcement of it. Usually an add-on violation to something else like speeding.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Sport
13 Posts
I miss Smith Point! Used to go there all the time when I lived out on LI (Farmingville/Lake Ronkonkoma area). Smith Point and Robert Moses were always my go-to's, especially in the off season. Jones Beach was always too much of a clusterf*ck. Thanks for the nostalgia!

·
Registered
2014 crosstrek
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I miss Smith Point! Used to go there all the time when I lived out on LI (Farmingville/Lake Ronkonkoma area). Smith Point and Robert Moses were always my go-to's, especially in the off season. Jones Beach was always too much of a clusterf*ck. Thanks for the nostalgia!
Anytime!!! I live in Bayport. I love Smith point, I also frequent Shinnecock, and love Montauk point and agree with you totally about Jones beach. I’ll post some pics soon of them . Where are you now?

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Sport
13 Posts
Anytime!!! I live in Bayport. I love Smith point, I also frequent Shinnecock, and love Montauk point and agree with you totally about Jones beach. I’ll post some pics soon of them . Where are you now?
Man, I miss Montauk Point. I'd try and hit there every summer for a week. Some of my favorite beaches. I'm out in AZ now, just outside of Phoenix. Ton of sand, not much in the water department.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I liked Jones Beach but that was 50+ years ago. I also liked the Fire Island beaches. Of course then I drove a '61 Ford Anglia,lol.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,657 Posts
Wow, that takes me back! My parents had an Anglia when I was a kid.

Reactions: Graphite

·
Registered
2014 crosstrek
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I liked Jones Beach but that was 50+ years ago. I also liked the Fire Island beaches. Of course then I drove a '61 Ford Anglia,lol.
Yes I grew up going to Sunken Meadow, Sailors Haven , Davis Park all of the fire Island beaches . I grew up in Sayville so as a kid we always had a boat or I would walk to the ferries and spend the day on fire island. Fun life , still is . I always drove full size pickup trucks to get on the outer beaches until one day as a joke I took a stock 2004 Forester on the sand anticipating getting stuck. Boy was I wrong, it was better and more fun on the sand than any truck I ever owned. I was hooked. Now I have the little crosstrek and I am a big Subaru fan.

·
Registered
Subaru XV 2021 2.0i-S (Australian Model)
70 Posts
Not certain about US variants of the Crosstrek but us that a turbo mod? And if so did you mod the inlet on the bonnet? Assuming that, do you have closer pics of the turbo and bonnet? Just curious to see the work.

·
Registered
Crosstrek Outdoor, Subaru Legacy 2.0 GT spec.B
330 Posts
We have a beach not too far away that we can take vehicles on... tempted now with the full endorsement here! :LOL:
Anything to do after - like a good underside wash - or is it generally fine anyway?

·
Registered
2014 crosstrek
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not certain about US variants of the Crosstrek but us that a turbo mod? And if so did you mod the inlet on the bonnet? Assuming that, do you have closer pics of the turbo and bonnet? Just curious to see the work.
No I did a turbo mod. The hood scoop is directed to a top mount cvt cooler , the turbo has a front mount behind the bumper.

·
Registered
2014 crosstrek
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We have a beach not too far away that we can take vehicles on... tempted now with the full endorsement here! :LOL:
Anything to do after - like a good underside wash - or is it generally fine anyway?
I try to give it a quick wash at my local “do it yourself “ car wash and I also have access to auto lifts in my shop so I’m always fussing and wiping and touching up whenever I can.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts