Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Crosstrek...I learned that if you leave
your hatch open in your garage...the next morning
your battery will not be strong enough to start your car..
This happened to me....NO lights left on....did not matter

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Replace the bulbs in the cargo area with LEDs. They draw around 20% power and put out lots of whit light. You could remember to close the hatch.

Reactions: erader

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,020 Posts
Lots of complaints about this with the 2019-2020 Foresters:
But in the case of the Forester the problem has to do with the power rear gate control module which the Crosstrek doesn't have.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
We are aware of the Ascent having the same issue. The computer screen in the dash lights up when the trunk is open. A few Ascent owners have had dead cars after tailgating or camping. The checked my base model Crosstrek just now and the screen does not come on with the hatch open. Must be with the premium and limited models?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I leave hatch, hood and all doors open nearly every day, overnight in the summer while car is sitting in garage. I do check and add water to batt and also throw on a batt charger/maintainer every couple months just to juice up and desulfate batt as needed. I also hit it with the digital load tester once in a while. No issues with factory Panasonic batt after 3 yrs and 38000+miles.

Reactions: R P

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,850 Posts
The OP pretty much only complains about stuff and usually all in bold type, sometimes caps. I'm not sure if this is a real problem or not...

Reactions: HeyChris

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium; 2010 LGT stage 2+
340 Posts
The OP pretty much only complains about stuff and usually all in bold type, sometimes caps. I'm not sure if this is a real problem or not...
LOL that's pointed!

Out of genuine curiosity, why would you want/need to leave your hatch open over night? Is it for one of those hatch tent thingies?

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,850 Posts
LOL that's pointed!

Out of genuine curiosity, why would you want/need to leave your hatch open over night? Is it for one of those hatch tent thingies?
Who knows? Did the OP plan on leaving the hatch open all night? If so, perhaps remove the cargo area bulb?

This guy only seems to come here to complain and to diss Subaru. Look at his previous posts.

I hope I'm proved wrong here this time...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2019 Crosstrek Premium and go car camping and leave the hatchback open for the bug/rain fly. I definietely needed to manually turn off the cargo light with the on/off switch located on the light. I am still switching to LED because I still just think the quality of light is better and it draws less power.

As for the OS notifying me about the open hatch, this remains on for about 15min and then shuts off completely. It is pretty bright when you are trying to sleep, but as I said, it turns off.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Let's see... Vague, click-bait title -check
Bold selected for all of his typing - check

It checks all of the boxes Astro.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If I leave my hatch open in my very small garage, the interior garage door hardware will "close" the hatch. And the "hatch" will direct me to nearest body shop! 😱

1 - 17 of 17 Posts