Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why wont the automatic up/down work since changing my battery? is there something I need to rest?

·
Super Moderator
8,379 Posts
Why wont the automatic up/down work since changing my battery? is there something I need to rest?
That's normal as it seems to happen a lot of the time when the power is removed from the car. To reset, roll the window down part way, then roll the window back up all of the way and hold the window switch in the up position for a few seconds. After that, it should work just fine.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
And if that doesn't do the trick .. stick your left thumb in your mouth and your right thumb in your left ear. Wiggle the fingers of your right hand as you blow real hard into your left thumb!

Where did they come up with these off the wall sequences to reset things??? LOL

·
Registered
114 Posts
I does seem odd sometimes but the system has to learn the Motor amp draw and where the window is after a complete power failure sometimes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was told to wind it all the way down and then all the way back up holding the button down and then up for the count of 3 after the window had finished its move.
much more sensible than a Renault I had years ago. Had to lower all windows and then raise then one by one In a set order. Mental.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,097 Posts
I was told to wind it all the way down and then all the way back up holding the button down and then up for the count of 3 after the window had finished its move.
much more sensible than a Renault I had years ago. Had to lower all windows and then raise then one by one In a set order. Mental.
LOL, I'm from the UK and learned to drive in my dad's Renault.

In heaven, the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Italian, the engineers are German and everything is organized by the Swiss. In hell, The cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the engineers are French and everything is organized by the Italians... ?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Lower it half way, then finish lowering it. Now close it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts