Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
There are many folks here who prefer the bigger engine and, supposedly, it gets the same fuel economy. We have the 2.0L Limited and are very happy with it. The extras on the Limited, such as the steering responsive headlights, leather, etc. are worth it, to us. If you hate leather then get the Sport.

The resale value for a higher trim level will also be higher, so you get a little back at the end of the day.
the seat material in the sport is pleather. if you don’t like leather you probably won’t like pleather

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Update: I built a car on Subaru website. Most likely I will go with a premium with the blind spot package. I live chatted with Customer Service. They told me that even if I build a car on their website, they will still search in the existing dealers' inventory first. So I may not need to wait until Aug.

A dealer found me a black premium already in another dealer's lot. He told me MSRP $28727, sales price $27811. with deposit, he can hold the car for me until I pick it up in early Aug. But he did not tell me other details. Should I go with this car (vs. build my own)? What information should I ask him for? I want to avoid a car that was traded several times among dealers and test drived for too long. How can I find out whether it is really a "new" car?

Thank you for your suggestion!

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
12,128 Posts
$1,000 off MSRP isn't a bad price at the moment, due to the shortages. Bear in mind, though, that by August there may not be the same shortages (or they could be worse, who knows). The '22s will be out around that time so you may get a better deal on a '21 unless there are still serious supply issues. Just ask the dealer about the trades and how many miles are on it. Or check inventory at other local dealers and see if you can find it. You should be talking to more than one dealer anyways but only with the Internet department.

·
Registered
2021 Base CVT Crosstrek
149 Posts
Update: I built a car on Subaru website. Most likely I will go with a premium with the blind spot package. I live chatted with Customer Service. They told me that even if I build a car on their website, they will still search in the existing dealers' inventory first. So I may not need to wait until Aug.

A dealer found me a black premium already in another dealer's lot. He told me MSRP $28727, sales price $27811. with deposit, he can hold the car for me until I pick it up in early Aug. But he did not tell me other details. Should I go with this car (vs. build my own)? What information should I ask him for? I want to avoid a car that was traded several times among dealers and test drived for too long. How can I find out whether it is really a "new" car?

Thank you for your suggestion!
You can ask for the invoice sheet, which shows the trim and package items and also explicitly for current mileage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I did a quote on "build my own" with a local dealer. The price is $26,140 plus admin fee before tax. The online price is $27,690 for the same build. is it something normal? Thanks~!

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
12,128 Posts
There's a lot to unpack here...

What jumped out at me was the "admin fee"! What, exactly, is being administrated, and for how much?

Here in California, dealers' doc fees are capped at $85. In some states it can be ten times that. How long does it take to print a sales contract and have someone sign it? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
There's a lot to unpack here...

What jumped out at me was the "admin fee"! What, exactly, is being administrated, and for how much?

Here in California, dealers' doc fees are capped at $85. In some states it can be ten times that. How long does it take to print a sales contract and have someone sign it? :rolleyes:
Thanks, AstroKats, the admin fee is $199. I did not have a chance to look at the details.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I am new here. I am looking to buy a new crosstrek 2021. I don't know cars. But I fell in love with crosstrek. My questions may be too basic for many of you. Please help!

I am debating about base or premium trim and "build you own" or buy from existing inventory. For build you own, where should I start? I don't even know what options are necessary.

If I need the car early Aug, when is the best time to buy it?

Thank you so much!
I am from St. Louis and know absolutely nothing about cars.
Let me respond to your questions one as a time:
I "built my own" because I will keep my cars a long time and wasn't going to follow some salesperson's drivel.
Any Dealer has a 2021 Crosstrek Brochure, take this home and compare the extra money for options you might want with the "build my own" website. Sleep on your decision.
The premium radio sounds tinny, but there are sub-woofers that can be removed from the vehicle, which really make up the difference.
Find a good mechanic who doesn't talk down to you and send them Christmas cards.
[email protected]

21 - 28 of 28 Posts