Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2023 6MT Base
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a base model 2023 with no fog lights. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the fog housings and if it's possible to mount a set of Rigid, Baja Designs, or something similar in a spot pattern. I'm more concerned with long range lighting due to deer country, so I'd operate this as an auxiliary light system instead of fog lights.

I just think it would be cleaner than a light bar up front or ditch lights. (I like to use the automated wash in winter time as the salt is TERRIBLE here in WNY)

· Registered
7 Posts
I have a base model 2023 with no fog lights. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the fog housings and if it's possible to mount a set of Rigid, Baja Designs, or something similar in a spot pattern. I'm more concerned with long range lighting due to deer country, so I'd operate this as an auxiliary light system instead of fog lights.

I just think it would be cleaner than a light bar up front or ditch lights. (I like to use the automated wash in winter time as the salt is TERRIBLE here in WNY)
If you have a steady hand use a dremel tool to cut out the hole in the existing housing. I installed Diode Dynamic elite series fogs in my base model.

· Registered
7 Posts
How did the lights mount? Did you just screw them into the plastic?
The fog lights don't even touch the black trim piece that you would cut the hole in. Diode Dynamics makes their lights to use the existing mounting bracket from the factory. The base Crosstrek may not come with fog lights but it is wired and has mounting brackets installed.

· Registered
2023 6MT Base
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fog lights don't even touch the black trim piece that you would cut the hole in. Diode Dynamics makes their lights to use the existing mounting bracket from the factory. The base Crosstrek may not come with fog lights but it is wired and has mounting brackets installed.
Oh it has the mounting brackets, even with that plastic thing filling in the hole? As for wiring, I'd probably wire my own as I want to run spot lights (not fog lights). Just need to know if those brackets are 100% there. I'll check in Spring when it's warmer.

· Registered
2023 6MT Base
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also if you look at the video here
, it ALMOST looks like that plastic thing can just be popped out by squeezing the tabs in the back instead of cutting out. HMMM.....

I do miss having a decent fog light (Morimoto XB on my old 2016) but spot beams depends on how well the GTR Ultras do in my high beam (Foxbeam harness arrived today)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts