Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
What type of wiring do I need to purchase to make my own extended harness? I have a OEM camera and a dirtcom trail swing so I'll need a little bit some wiring compared to your setup. Thank you in advance for your help.

· Registered
3 Posts
Finally got around to getting this done - followed your directions and it was simple. That harness was backordered, so I just pulled my original out. I have an F44 bumper, so I’m not concerned about maintaining the original as a viable iption to fall back in. I cut, spliced, soldered, and routed - works great!! My ‘bracket’ was made from a dollar store cutting board that I painted black and sealed clear after cutting it down and molding to the right angle with a heat gun, then mount behind the tire on the swing out rack with the camera poking thru the spokes. View attachment 307893 View attachment 307894 Thanks for sharing how you did this mod!
How did you run your extension cable in your F44 bumper?

· Registered
3 Posts
Finally got around to getting this done - followed your directions and it was simple. That harness was backordered, so I just pulled my original out. I have an F44 bumper, so I’m not concerned about maintaining the original as a viable iption to fall back in. I cut, spliced, soldered, and routed - works great!!

My ‘bracket’ was made from a dollar store cutting board that I painted black and sealed clear after cutting it down and molding to the right angle with a heat gun, then mount behind the tire on the swing out rack with the camera poking thru the spokes.
View attachment 307893
View attachment 307894
Thanks for sharing how you did this mod!
How did you run the extension cable with your F44 bumper?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts