Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Haven't been here for a while. Bought a 2014 Crosstrek new in April of 14 and absolutely loved it. I recently passed it down to my 16 year old son for his first car and now am in need of a new vehicle for me. It was a no brainer, I ordered another Crosstrek! I went with the Sport model in Cool Gray Khaki (my last one was Desert Khaki). Now the wait begins as my dealer advised it will be February before it arrives. Can't wait to try out the 2.5L engine on this baby.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I haven't, I should ask my dealer about it. Do you have any details on it?
Found the details, called Subaru and explained the situation and they said they would offer me a 1 time $500 coupon. Nice!!! Thank you for mentioning this, I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,637 Posts
Reactions: orndog

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,753 Posts
Dont forget to put a clear bra on it!
Yep, here we are advocating bras that are clear and nobody has a problem with that... 😸

• Haha
Reactions: Arthur

·
Prefers black cats
13,753 Posts
Is that to help avoiding paint chips?
Yes, there was a trend a while ago for fabric "bras" that fit over the front of cars to protect the paint (which is stupid because you couldn't see the nice shiny paint underneath). A clear bra is a coating that has the same effect.

·
Prefers black cats
13,753 Posts
Yes sir, the CGK paint is insanely soft. I have so many chips after 3 months that it's frustrating. My front end looks like a car with 100k miles
Lots of posts about soft paint here. It's not just Subaru, its a trend due to environmental regulations.

Reactions: erader
1 - 14 of 14 Posts