-STI 20mm Rear Sway Bar
-SPT (Blue Anodized) Oil Cap
-Plasti-Dip Grille & Hockey Sticks
-Subimods Fire Extinguisher & Bracket
-Inno Fairing (Medium)
-Nameless axelback 5" muffler
-WRX Bumper Plug
-Black ROKBLOKZ Mudflaps
-Badge overlays (Blue/Silver, OEM Style)
-Cusco Strut Tower Bar
-Cusco Brake Master Cylinder Brace
-Cusco Battery Tie-Down

Have, but not installed yet:

-Plasti-Dip Lower Rear Bumper?
-JPM Coachworks Alcantara E-Brake Boot
-JPM Coachworks Alcantara CVT Shift Boot
-OEM side mounted cargo nets

On the "To-Do List" 100%

-Gauge Project (Pods, Engine Temp, Oil Pressure & Wideband)
-Coco Mats Red Chequers Auto Mats (Front & Back)
-WRX pedals

I'll try to keep this updated, but I haven't done this in any build up thread before so no promises I'll remember. But I have seen it on other people's threads, and I liked the idea of it. Thanks for checking out my car. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new here but I figured I'd make a thread as my car finally showed up (sort of). I work at a dealer, and while I was off today, one of my co-workers texted me this picture as they were leaving:

I'm hoping tomorrow will be the big day - I've never been more excited to go to work!

Anyway, I have a lot of ideas and if patterns repeat themselves I will have a quite lengthy thread before long. I have probably 40-50 pages at least for my last few projects...

Here's what's going on first though:

While I'm quite familiar with new Subies from work, this is my first new one that I get to keep. This is our '05 Foz.

Anyway, I probably should have waited until I have the keys in my hand; but I'm just too excited.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Delivery time is always exciting time. Delivery time is even more awesome when something rare like SE or STI shows up. Too bad local dealer new car delivery is in late afternoon after I'm already home :(

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing super new. I didn't get to take it home, as it hasn't been PDI'd yet. But I at least got some more photos.

My co-worker helped me out with that "Do Not Drill" sign before I got to work today. That was a relief to see to see no plate added.
I was hoping to have more updates than that, but it'll happen soon.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Do you get to rip all those protective stuff out of the car? I always wanted to do that. It's like opening a present during Christmas!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was hoping so, but sadly not. I had a customer when apparently they did it today. We were slammed, and understaffed today so I still haven't done paperwork.
But it should be *actually* mine tomorrow.

As I couldn't leave with it, I at least had to take more photos before I left:

Not that you can really tell, but it has Blind Spot Detection - which is sort of cool :)

I also realized that I hadn't posted any photos of my other project. This is/was my Daily Driver. 2007 Ford F150 5/3 Drop.

...and this is what the Crosstrek is replacing. 1996 Toyota Camry Wagon. It was really hard to let this one go, but I think that the Crosstrek is at least a cool way to move on.

I guess that's enough babbling for today. Hopefully tomorrow it'll be home with me by this time.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's been 48 hours - a few small things added :)

Mighty Car Mods keytag.

Flappy paddles, now officially more paddley! haha...

It was also really really slow at work today and I did a sketch of a new emblem idea.
If I ever do more performance mods, maybe I'll find a way to make this.

That's all for today :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Awesome and Congrats!

Quick question for you seeing as you work at a dealership. In your pic with the keychain, it looks like its on top of a leather bound folder that houses the owners manual. Do these still go out with every new Subaru? The reason I ask is because I received one when I bought my 2012 Impreza, but not when I purchased my 2016 Crosstrek. I thought maybe Subaru stopped including these with their new cars, but seeing that pic makes me think otherwise.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Where did you get the paddle add ons? The little dinky paddles have always been one of my dislikes.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
@Bearded Squash Yeah, you should have gotten one. I give them out with every new car. What did they put your books in? I've never had one missing, but I'll ask tomorrow to see if there is a way to get an extra one.

@Zap I got them from SubiSpeed
Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I should wait until I've actually made progress before posting, but I'm too excited.

Lots going on soon!

-Thursday I have an appointment for window tint. Getting the front two windows and a sunstrip.
-I ordered the OEM Rain guards yesterday, so those should be here in a couple of days.
-The yellow Lamin-X film I ordered for the foglights showed up.
-Plasti-Dip for the Fog light surrounds, grille and rear bumper centre section showed up today as well.
-JPM Coachworks Alcantara with Cherry Blossom Red stitching CVT Shift boot and E-Brake boot ordered today.

And finally I think that I have my gauge ideas finally nailed down. In one of my previous cars (the Toyota) I had a lot of problems that could have been prevented had I had extra gauges and didn't just realize there was a problem once the dummy light came on. While this could change as I haven't ordered anything yet, here's my plan:

SMY Instrument Cluster Dual 52mm Gauge Pod - 2015+ WRX (SMY Instrument Cluster Dual 52mm Gauge Pod - 2015+ WRX / 2015+ STI / 2014+ Forester - Pods - Gauges and Pods - Interior - 2015+ Subaru WRX

On the Left side: Defi White Racer Temperature Gauge Imperial 52mm 100-300F Defi White Racer Temperature Gauge Imperial 52mm 100-300F DEF1 DF06703 | Temperature Gauges

On the Right side: Gauge Blank Gauge blank-52mm Gauge pod blank fills a 52mm (2 1/16") hole in your dash or pod

Why? Hopefully one day this.. Defi White Racer Boost Gauge Imperial 52mm 30 PSI
https://www.rallysportdirect.com/pa...-white-racer-boost-gauge-imperial-52mm-30-psi

Then below the radio, Cubbypod Dual 52mm Gauge Pod - 2015+ WRX
Cubbypod Dual 52mm Gauge Pod - 2015+ WRX / 2015+ STI - Pods - Gauges and Pods - Interior - 2015+ Subaru WRX

On the left: Defi White Racer Pressure Gauge Imperial 52mm 140 PSI
https://www.rallysportdirect.com/pa...te-racer-pressure-gauge-imperial-52mm-140-psi

And finally on the right: Stack Wideband Air/Fuel Digital Gauges ST3401
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sgg-st3401

I know it's over kill for a brand new car with 60 miles on it, but I'd love to keep it for ages; and I'm hoping with the performance mods I'd love to do one day this will help me keep everything running smoothly.

Edit: Tint on!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Nothing big, but I added the Window Visors today. I wanted to dip the chrome, but the wrong colour was mailed to me. So perhaps next week that will happen?

Took about 45 minutes. More complicated than I was expecting. I have installed in-channel, and out-channel visors before but this seemed to be a mix of both. That being said, the fit and finish more than makes up for an unexpected install process.

Slightly off topic but depending on what my paycheck is I may look into the OEM spoiler. I haven't seen it yet, but does anyone by chance have a part number for Pure Red?

Thanks!

Edit/Update:

You all can't let me spend anymore money this month! :p

I just ordered OEM Crossbars, and the Rear Spoiler.

Waiting on lots of stuff at this point, hopefully will get things on soon!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Little update:

Finally got the Lamin-X fog light covers on.

The "L-Brackets" are in the middle of being plasti-dipped. I knew I was going to run out of day-light so I just but the surrounds back in place. Hopefully I'll have that project finished on Tuesday or so.

Night time shot:

Not a huge difference in functionality - but as the bulbs are still stock, I'm not surprised.

Then this beautiful box showed up! :D

E-brake and CVT boot in Alcantara and red stitching. I have found an installation video for the e-brake boot but not the CVT. If anyone finds anything please let me know.

More updates this week, stay tuned!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update:

Sorry about the wait, I thought I posted this last week. But apparently not. Anyways, crossbars, spoiler and off-set plate installed.

I'm pretty sure I know what I want to do next. But I have enough things that I already have to install that I should do before I spend any more money. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I thought they stopped producing the Tangerine Orange Pearl Crosstreks for 2016? Did you get special treatment being an employee?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I thought they stopped producing the Tangerine Orange Pearl Crosstreks for 2016? Did you get special treatment being an employee?
It's red. Not orange :) they do have the top in Australia? Or somewhere in the world they still have it :)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts