Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heard it's good for ~ 300 ponies...which means 14 PSI!!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
No way you are going to run 14 PSI on stock internals. our engines are high compression. you throw more than 8PSI in that motor and you are going to burning, bending , breaking or blowing something. 14 PSI in the BRZ motor? maybe. it's better suited for pressure, lower cylinder compression, direct injection. Ive looking to the AVO and another Australian company. both offer similar setups. AVO turbo and the other was a supercharger. both were 7-8 PSI with only 30-50 HP gain. 200 hp in the XV would be perfect in my opinion. enough to get up and go, pass and blast out of the mud. 300 hp in the XV? why not just go to ebay and buy a JDM STI motor for 5k and be done. you're going to spend more than that trying to get those numbers from a turbo kit.... and you wont blow your motor. plus you might be able to sell the FB20 to make it cheapr in the long run.... HOLY **** I JUST HAD A GREAT IDEA. I gotta go to Ebay BYE!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
High compression?? umm, no. it's 10.5: 1...that is not high.

if it was 12:1 or 13:1, then yes, I could see your point...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NA FA20 specs:

•Bore: 86 mm
•Stroke: 86 mm
•Displacement: 1,998 cc
•Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
•Power: 200 PS (147 kW; 197 hp) at 7,000 RPM
•Torque: 20.9 kg·m (205 N·m; 151 lb·ft) at 6,400-6,600 RPM

Turbo FA20 specs:

•Bore: 86 mm
•Stroke: 86 mm
•Displacement: 1,998 cc
•Compression Ratio: 10.6:1
•Power: 300 PS (221 kW; 296 hp) at 5,600 RPM
•Torque: 40.8 kg·m (400 N·m; 295 lb·ft) at 2,000-4,800 RPM

FB20 specs:

Displacement: 1,995 cc DOHC
Bore: 84 mm
Stroke: 90 mm
Compression: 10.5:1
148 hp (150 PS; 110 kW) at 6,200 rpm
Torque: 145 lb·ft (197 N·m; 20 kg·m) at 4,200 rpm

Reactions: DaveyG

·
Registered
621 Posts
I look forward to the detonation video's LOL I still dont see 300hp out of this motor with out modifying more internals. I still think a JDM motor swap would be cheaper. here is one I looked in to AVO and Raptor Superchargers a while back. both offer 7-8 PSI systems with and increase of 40-60hp i think. im sure there is a reason they didnt go farther with it. Raptor doesnt ship to the US and they quit returning emails when they found out I was an individual not a performance shop. as we all would like more power I dont see any benefit to modifying the FB20, for me it's not worth the money. The EJ207 on ebay would be the same price and that motor would need a flash and some 93 octane DONE!!!!
I would like to see some video of a turbo XV that has been done by raptor or AVO but neither have videos of the car on a dyno or driving. there are videos from Australia but none of the cars are moving. Just a guy talking about what has been done to the cars. for real though if you get it im sure we would all enjoy eating Crow and watching your WRXV tear up the road and dirt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Crosstrek eng<OBXT

Hello everyone, now I currently have a 2005 subaru outback XT 5spd standard. But I want a 2014 Crosstrek in the worst of ways. what would prevent me from rebuilding my OBXT engine and throwing that into the crosstrek. Can the transmission and Diff handle the horsepower? Currently I'm pushing 16 psi of boost and somewhere around 310 hp. the only upgrades I have on it are cobb intake, cobb LW pully (which i think makes a huge difference on rev matching) and an off the shelve performance mod from cobb.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You are honestly better off buying a forester XT. Nobody seems to have been successful in doing a motor swap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
621 Posts
You are honestly better off buying a forester XT. Nobody seems to have been successful in doing a motor swap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Except for Crawford Performance. but they swapped in a 2014 WRX motor, ecu, tranny and rear diff. they even stated that it would be expensive for anyone to pay them to do it. SOA loved it enough it invited them to put their WRXV on the SOA stage at a subaru event.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have often wondered about how the lightweight flywheel would help RPMs drop during shifts. the RPM Hang on my XV is so annoying when shifting.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
It wouldn't help. Rev hang is programed into the computer. You may be able to have it removed with a tune (not sure if you can on the XV, but I know other platforms where people disable rev hang).

·
Registered
1 Posts
@Slvr5Spd I'm looking at installing the AVO Turboworld Turbocharger on my 15' Crosstrek but I'm sort of leery because I don't want to blow my engine, but I would love a slight uptick in power. Do you know of anyone who has it installed on their Crosstrek, and if its working out for them?
This is a general queestion to whoever could answer it. I am wondering which exhaust to get for my 15' Crosstrek, as I would love a Subaru rumble. (I keep hearing Nameless and Borla as choices but don't know which would be best)!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts