Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

Do you like AS/S?

• I like AS/S and always use it / I want a car with AS/S

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • I hate AS/S and want to eliminate it completely / I won't buy a car with AS/S

Votes: 31 28.7%
  • I have no strong opinion either way / I'll just turn it off when I don't want to use it

Votes: 19 17.6%
  • AS/S is OK, I don't love it but it's not a showstopper

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • I don't like AS/S, I don't hate it and it's not a showstopper

Votes: 31 28.7%
61 - 80 of 108 Posts

Registered
The introduction of Auto Stop/Start (AS/S) with the '20+ models has generated a LOT of heated discussion here, for and against. I'm curious about the breakdown and whether it will inform us if AS/S is a good idea or not.

No need to express an opinion or vent here, there are PLENTY of other threads for that... 馃樃

I'm just interested who is for it, who's against it and who doesn't care.

EDIT: JUST ADDED TWO NEW CATEGORIES - YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR VOTE IF YOU WISH!

I'll try to keep this up to date while the votes are coming in:

View attachment 305515
dislike

Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Welcome! Just click the option to vote for "I don't like AS/S, I don't hate it and it's not a showstopper" in the poll at the top of thread, if you haven't already. Thanks!

Registered
The 2021 Impreza I just test drove didn鈥檛 have this feature which has me wondering what the status is. I wish the settings would let you set a default status. Id want it on all the time if I was in a shitty place to drive like San Francisco or New York but in rural land you rarely stop for more than a second or two which makes it annoying.

Prefers non-orange cars
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
The 2021 Impreza I just test drove didn鈥檛 have this feature which has me wondering what the status is. I wish the settings would let you set a default status. Id want it on all the time if I was in a shitty place to drive like San Francisco or New York but in rural land you rarely stop for more than a second or two which makes it annoying.
For comments about AS/S try this thread and the specs of the Impreza:

Registered
2020 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
Didn鈥檛 care for stop/start so purchased the as/s eliminator installed in 5 minutes and now am happy without it

Prefers non-orange cars
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Didn鈥檛 care for stop/start so purchased the as/s eliminator installed in 5 minutes and now am happy without it
OK, then you should probably vote for "I hate AS/S and want to eliminate it completely" (as you have, LOL)!

Registered
One thing I will say is that the Subaru implementation of AS/S is what I dislike the most. I have experienced it other cars and was impressed. When a Subie does it, your teeth rattles and it's measured on the Richter scale. And this is in a Crosstek or Forester loaner from the stealership.

Prefers non-orange cars
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
One thing I will say is that the Subaru implementation of AS/S is what I dislike the most. I have experienced it other cars and was impressed. When a Subie does it, your teeth rattles and it's measured on the Richter scale. And this is in a Crosstek or Forester loaner from the stealership.
Welcome! When you're voted, for comments about AS/S try this thread:

Prefers non-orange cars
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Feles nolebant... :rolleyes:

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

Registered
This thread is going great places. I find myself all the sudden enjoying the AS/S. I might need to change my vote. What are we talking about again?

Prefers non-orange cars
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
This thread is going great places. I find myself all the sudden enjoying the AS/S. I might need to change my vote. What are we talking about again?
I let votes be changed, so go ahead! 馃樃

We're voting on ice cream flavors, whether vanilla should be the only option or if other flavors are allowed...

Prefers non-orange cars
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
NO FLAVORS! ONLY VANILLA!

mmmm... ice cream.
OAK tells me not to buy her favorite (H盲agen-Dazs dulce de leche) because it will be gone. Sure enough... 馃樃

Prefers non-orange cars
Discussion Starter · #76 ·

Registered
The introduction of Auto Stop/Start (AS/S) with the '20+ models has generated a LOT of heated discussion here, for and against. I'm curious about the breakdown and whether it will inform us if AS/S is a good idea or not.

No need to express an opinion or vent here, there are PLENTY of other threads for that... 馃樃

I'm just interested who is for it, who's against it and who doesn't care.

EDIT: JUST ADDED TWO NEW CATEGORIES - YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR VOTE IF YOU WISH!

I'll try to keep this up to date while the votes are coming in:

View attachment 305518
Hate it! Turn it off every time I turn on engine, if I forget I turn it on while driving. Fine it to be the most useless of features and doubt the claims of which it is supposed to accomplish.

Prefers non-orange cars
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Chart updated, seems to be skewing more to the negative...

61 - 80 of 108 Posts