Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

Do you like AS/S?

• I like AS/S and always use it / I want a car with AS/S

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • I hate AS/S and want to eliminate it completely / I won't buy a car with AS/S

Votes: 31 28.7%
  • I have no strong opinion either way / I'll just turn it off when I don't want to use it

Votes: 19 17.6%
  • AS/S is OK, I don't love it but it's not a showstopper

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • I don't like AS/S, I don't hate it and it's not a showstopper

Votes: 31 28.7%
41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,541 Posts
Having not yet tried it, I'm thinking that the quality and smoothness of the implementation is what will sell it. People's complaints that I have read is not the feature itself, but rather that the Subaru implementation of it is laggy.

Reactions: Montana Actual

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Is it possible to turn off the commenting but keep the only voting open on this thread @Montanan ?
This platform may not allow that but, I agree. The poll has been interesting but beyond that, it's worse than herding cats, and I would know, LOL.

I've even seen likes to similar comments from folks who don't have AS/S and haven't commented on any AS/S threads. Not sure why that bothers them but let's try this:

PLEASE STOP POSTING OPINIONS OF AS/S IN THIS THREAD, IT'S JUST A POLL!

Here's a good one for comments and opinions:

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
4,539 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that @AstroKats really likes to type AS/S in capital letters? ;)

Anyhow, yeah ... if I were to close the thread, it would also close the poll. The only other option would be to merge all the existing AS/S threads into one giant Franken-thread, but that breaks up conversations, and it would also would bury the post that explains the poll deep in the comments. So I think we'll leave things as-is.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Thanks mONTANAN! 😸

sTUCK CAPS LOCK...

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Not politics really. Just catering to those of us with short attention spans or a preference for concise infographics and too lazy to make popcorn. Plenty of threads already for as/s comments also O I L, tyres.
Tires, too, although I'm with you on the spelling, LOL.

Chart updated. It's interesting how the more votes come in, the more it's skewed to dislike/hate.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Darnit Montanan, now I can’t get it out of my head. All I can think of is the Seinfeld episode with AS/S Man.

PS. No, I will not replace your keyboard with the spit-out coffee on it.
Yes, very pleased with myself with that one - defeated the site's censorship by using an image... 😸

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I'm honestly pretty surprised at how many of you guys are willing to admit that you're AS/S men. 😉
LM AS/S O! Definitely in the minority, though, LOL!

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Since this thread is rapidly derailing anyway, I'll post a photo I took about 15 years ago, on a roadtrip across southern South Dakota:

View attachment 305514
That's for real, wow!

Derailing is probably for the best. This can be a off topic thread, except for the first post (which it looks like I need to update again)!

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Reactions: Montana Actual

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I'm honestly pretty surprised at how many of you guys are willing to admit that you're AS/S men. 😉
And I see someone is looking for a strap-on... Oh, wait, it's a bike carrier... Never mind...

Reactions: PScooter63

·
Needs a Butch car
2020 Crosstrek Premium
979 Posts
That's for real, wow!

Derailing is probably for the best. This can be a off topic thread, except for the first post (which it looks like I need to update again)!
Here in Phoenix we have the real life TurboAnalisis building. I drive by it to go to lunch now and then. I used to have a picture...

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Here in Phoenix we have the real life TurboAnalisis building. I drive by it to go to lunch now and then. I used to have a picture...
You mean this one?! OMG...

41 - 60 of 108 Posts