Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

Registered
Unless I am missing something in order to install the "Autostop Eliminator", at a minimum, the RAB module must be unbolted from the floor. The connector does not appear to accessible otherwise.

Registered
Unless I am missing something in order to install the "Autostop Eliminator", at a minimum, the RAB module must be unbolted from the floor. The connector does not appear to accessible otherwise.
It does not. Like I mentioned unless you have small hands and fingers you may want to loosen the 4 seat bolts like I did to just tilt the front up a bit and it is no problem.

Registered
It does not. Like I mentioned unless you have small hands and fingers you may want to loosen the 4 seat bolts like I did to just tilt the front up a bit and it is no problem.
Looking at it again it looks like the carpet is right at the front of the module with heater vents on either side is raised against it. I guess the carpet can be moved in order to get the connector off, correct?

Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited in Horizon Blue Pearl
We only have 250 miles on our new 2021 Crosstrek Limited, but I've noticed that if you don't press down hard when stopped (e.g. at a red light) and only maintain enough pressure to keep you from moving forward that the auto stop/start doesn't engage. If you press down hard on the brake pedal, then it shuts the engine off. Might be an easy work around if it bugs you (and if I'm not just imaging it)!

Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
Not fully depressing the brake pedal when stopped sounds like a potentially unsafe practice to me.

Reactions: Dizzy D

Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
Very true. Maybe not an ideal solution!
Yes, this has been reported in other posts here. However, if you get rear ended at a stop light you could easily get pushed into fast-moving cross-traffic.

Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited in Horizon Blue Pearl
Yes, this has been reported in other posts here. However, if you get rear ended at a stop light you could easily get pushed into fast-moving cross-traffic.
Maybe it's a way to reduce the number of people who don't like saving gas? :sneaky: I like saving gas, so I just hold them down hard.

Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
Maybe it's a way to reduce the number of people who don't like saving gas? :sneaky: I like saving gas, so I just hold them down hard.
Ha ha!

Registered
2017 and 2021 CrossTrek Limited
I just installed two in the two 2021 Limiteds we bought. Counter to the instructions, the job is easy if you put the seat all the way forward to the stops. Access the connector from the back seat. No bolt removal required at all. Job literally takes 1 minute.

Registered
Gee I hope there is a solution soon. I find pushing that one button so onerous I am willing to spend hours of my life and many $ to find a solution. I mean after unlocking, getting in, starting, releasing parking brakes, putting on a selt belt, and maybe even turning on lights and wipers I am nearing exhaustion. That one button might send me over the edge.

Registered
I'm not understanding the concern about the On/Off.
When I get in the car, I hit 4 buttons - Cruise Control, Lane Centering, Sport (the most important haha) and the Auto On/Off button. (Start button 1st of course - actually 5:))

Maybe I'm missing something as I have only driven my new car about 400 miles but, just push On/Off button once and the thing is off and stays off right?

Yeah, you have to push it every time you start the car (if you want it off which I do) but, what's the big deal? Sry - just asking.

Registered
Gee I hope there is a solution soon. I find pushing that one button so onerous I am willing to spend hours of my life and many $ to find a solution. I mean after unlocking, getting in, starting, releasing parking brakes, putting on a selt belt, and maybe even turning on lights and wipers I am nearing exhaustion. That one button might send me over the edge.
Then why are you here wasting time in/on a thread you could care less about #troll

Registered
Looking at it again it looks like the carpet is right at the front of the module with heater vents on either side is raised against it. I guess the carpet can be moved in order to get the connector off, correct?
No. It is super easy, nothing to remove except for me my huge hands and fingers I simply loosened the seat to lift it a few inches to make it easier. As mentioned above I also tried moving the seat forward and tried from the back but couldn鈥檛 see the actual connector to plug the new one in. Again the job took 10 minutes and $99. For me it is worth it. It was a mod I wanted. Just like all the other bashers there are plenty of mods they do that I wouldn鈥檛 spend a dime on but just move on rather than being well never mind.

Registered
No. It is super easy, nothing to remove except for me my huge hands and fingers I simply loosened the seat to lift it a few inches to make it easier. As mentioned above I also tried moving the seat forward and tried from the back but couldn鈥檛 see the actual connector to plug the new one in. Again the job took 10 minutes and $99. For me it is worth it. It was a mod I wanted. Just like all the other bashers there are plenty of mods they do that I wouldn鈥檛 spend a dime on but just move on rather than being well never mind.
thanks - will be ordering it today. For anyone else who wants to order it use the code: AUTOVLOG to get 10% off.

Reactions: mhdc103

Registered
A couple pictures of what the installation process (before, during and after) looks like, under the seat, would be helpful for those of us with limited mechanical skills. A short video of the installation process from the manufacturer of the Autostop Eliminator would remove doubts of how difficult the process is going to be.

Registered
A couple pictures of what the installation process (before, during and after) looks like, under the seat, would be helpful for those of us with limited mechanical skills. A short video of the installation process from the manufacturer of the Autostop Eliminator would remove doubts of how difficult the process is going to be.
@tamanaco, they have an install video on their site using a Forester. The Crosstrek install process will be the same as the Forester's since on the Forester the Autostop Eliminator cable also connects to the RAB box located under the driver's seat just as it does on the Crosstrek.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts