Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,850 Posts
Well, got in the car today and AA was greyed out again. Bluetooth kept asking permission to access and there's no way to say either yes or no so it just seems to assume Yes :mad: There is an option to exit Android Auto on the phone though. So no, the fix is not permanent. Will have to sit in the car on Saturday and run through what's what again. There's been no new Subaru HU updates since I did the factory reset therefore I'm thinking there's something buried in my phone settings but have yet to figure it out. I'd be happier if the (mostly Google) app updates on my phone informed me what is actually being changed instead of their generic "bugs and fixes".
What version of the firmware are you on? There was a new one recently.

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Registered
19MY XV 2.0i-S CVT Dark Grey
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
$59.95 Ebay Cargo Tray arrived today, and boy am I glad I didn't pay the $171 they were asking for a genuine one!

These trays are thinner than the genuine Subaru item, but they are a harder more plastic like rubber. I actually prefer this as I think dirt/dust etc will be less likely to grab onto this material so cleaning should be easier. It has plenty of weight to it so shouldn't be any issues with it coming up or moving around.

It's even branded with XV which I thought was a nice touch.

It came folded in 4 so I had to leave it in the sun for a bit to go back into shape and lose the crease marks (no biggie).

This shows the finish on the material - bit more of a rough surface than the grippy rubber OEM Subaru version

This shows the thickness of the material

And finally the fitment, it reaches the full parameter of the boot space, and fits nice and snug. Still has some settling to do in the middle as you can see, but this was only an hour or so after I unpacked it.

Overall a big thumbs up from me, well worth the money.

·
Registered
585 Posts
It's even branded with XV which I thought was a nice touch.
And finally the fitment, it reaches the full parameter of the boot space, and fits nice and snug. Still has some settling to do in the middle as you can see, but this was only an hour or so after I unpacked it.

View attachment 300931
Overall a big thumbs up from me, well worth the money.
Thanks for the review @VIN18M.

·
Registered
585 Posts
What version of the firmware are you on? There was a new one recently.
I'll be going out to the car shortly to see what my phone and HU conspire to do together today and will post the version on your Firmware post then @AstroKats. Everyday the connected behaviour seems to be different from the last.

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
I'll be going out to the car shortly to see what my phone and HU conspire to do together today and will post the version on your Firmware post then @AstroKats. Everyday the connected behaviour seems to be different from the last.
Waiting with bated breath... 😻

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Covid joke:

After four months under lockdown, my wife and I are finally caught up on everything I've done wrong the last fifteen years...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Took the car out for a drive this morning. Apple CarPlay detected however it wouldn't pick up on voice commands. Did the ten second off button trick as suggested and it came back good again.
Not sure how permanent this will be, but considering last time I had the issue it fixed itself by just letting the car sit for a while, I'm hoping the 'reset' will be the final fix.

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
If this is happening regularly, try experimenting with different cables. There have also been cases reported here where the USB port is faulty, and the dealer has replaced it under warranty. Also cases where the HU has been replaced.

With the latest firmware and high quality cables we haven't had any serious issues for a very long time. In fact, I did more driving in our Crosstrek today than probably in the last three months, with multiple stops, calls via AA, etc. and it worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Its strange because for the first month I had it there were no problems with it at all. I had changed to a very short "eBay special" cable, but the last time I had problems and switched back to the genuine iPhone cable it didn't make any difference. Will definitely give it another go if I have the same problem again.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Took the car out for a drive this morning. Apple CarPlay detected however it wouldn't pick up on voice commands. Did the ten second off button trick as suggested and it came back good again.
Not sure how permanent this will be, but considering last time I had the issue it fixed itself by just letting the car sit for a while, I'm hoping the 'reset' will be the final fix.
Mine has been temperamental and the behaviour is not at all consistent. The inconsistency makes it hard to pinpoint the problem. I thought it may be the port in my personal phone getting loose or something in recent phone updates. Now I'm not so sure because the HU wouldn't bluetooth with my work phone today.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I had the HU updated by the dealer about 6 weeks ago and since then Android Auto and the Apple app have been greyed out. No BT connection, no cable connection. Lots of fiddling and no joy. I'm due back at the dealer to replace a faulty switch so I'll have them sort it. Functioned fine before the update.

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
I had the HU updated by the dealer about 6 weeks ago and since then Android Auto and the Apple app have been greyed out. No BT connection, no cable connection. Lots of fiddling and no joy. I'm due back at the dealer to replace a faulty switch so I'll have them sort it. Functioned fine before the update.
Could you post the firmware versions, before and after, and I'll update my HU thread. Thx!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Could you post the firmware versions, before and after, and I'll update my HU thread. Thx!
Searching that update version number I found this on the Impreza forum:

Apparently the update has resulted in the loss of bass settings. There is also mention of an even newer update version:
Rel_UA.19.36.70

Hmmm...

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Looks like a very old version...

More info here - I update the first post regularly so let me know if there are any updates:

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
162 Posts
Searching that update version number I found this on the Impreza forum:

Apparently the update has resulted in the loss of bass settings. There is also mention of an even newer update version:
Rel_UA.19.36.70

Hmmm...
I believe that 19.36.70 is the most current update for the No-NAV 3.1HU.

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
I believe that 19.36.70 is the most current update for the No-NAV 3.1HU.
That's consistent with the thread I have been maintaining (different releases for nav/not, 3.0 or 3.1):

I guess the 3.1 has not been updated in a while (mid 2019)?

·
Registered
331 Posts
That's consistent with the thread I have been maintaining (different releases for nav/not, 3.0 or 3.1):

I guess the 3.1 has not been updated in a while (mid 2019)?
I'll be having a chat with the dealer service dept about which version I should be updated to.

101 - 120 of 124 Posts