Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think I'll just give the $60 version a punt and see how it goes - worst case I'll do a review and potentially help other members make their decision.
Hi there, I bought the $60 boot liner. It came packaged poorly in a plastic bag and folded in 4. Surprisingly it is not too bad... fits well, rubber is OK, albeit thin. Fold marks are gone. It will definitely do the job. Can add some photos if you want...

BTW, I am now after the back of backseat liners to protect them when the backseats are down. Anyone found something reasonably in AU?

·
Registered
19MY XV 2.0i-S CVT Dark Grey
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Hi there, I bought the $60 boot liner. It came packaged poorly in a plastic bag and folded in 4. Surprisingly it is not too bad... fits well, rubber is OK, albeit thin. Fold marks are gone. It will definitely do the job. Can add some photos if you want...

BTW, I am now after the back of backseat liners to protect them when the backseats are down. Anyone found something reasonably in AU?
Welcome to the forums (new member myself). I'm just happy for it to stay in place and be solid enough to be able to pull it out to dust it off/hose it down. My cargo tray is on it's way, but I'd love to see if you have any pics of yours in the meantime?

I've also looked at the back seat liners, but no luck with anything local, and postage from the states is a bit of a killer.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I reckon you're onto a good thing, looking forward to hearing first hand when you get them though!
I'm IN the dog house now so I guess I better not order a power station anytime soon. :rolleyes:
The XV's been fine but the others barely drive theirs since Corona and I've had to perform CPR on their batteries a couple of times now. The air compressor would be handy too. 🐨

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
So I had my first hiccup just now in the XV. Drove out to pick up my roof racks (15min drive), drove there using Apple carplay/google maps, was there for about ten mins and got back in the car but couldn't hook CarPlay back up again. I pulled over, turned the ignition off and on again, still nothing. Unplugged the phone, plugged back in, swapped cords, no CarPlay. I could get bluetooth audio fine through Spotify, and could access the phone, but CarPlay just wasn't detecting.
So I drove most of the way home, stopped in at the shops and decided to turn my phone off and back on again. Did some shopping (again ten mins), jumped back in the car and it worked fine? Not sure if rebooting the iPhone made it work or what?
This is the screen I was getting, as you can see no way of selecting CarPlay

IMG_3464.jpg

·
Registered
585 Posts
This is the screen I was getting, as you can see no way of selecting CarPlay
I have Android but experienced the same thing. I tried the 10 Step program and of course Step 10 was the one that worked. Turn of Bluetooth Auto Launch or turn Bluetotth off on your phone in the car. It seems there was some update lately where Android Auto now longer overrides the Bluetooth connection. Could be the same for CarPlay?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hmm so maybe I’ve fixed it by just restarting my phone.
Did that fix your issue permanently @SubieSubieDo ?
Yes. AA doesn't grey out anymore so I can select it readily. I'm finding the response time is very slow but for various commands. I did run through lots of stuff though, restarting, bought a new cord, uninstalling, reinstalling, factory reset the Head Unit, updated the settings, etc but the Bluetooth OFF was the one that woke AA up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Yes. AA doesn't grey out anymore so I can select it readily. I'm finding the response time is very slow but for various commands. I did run through lots of stuff though, restarting, bought a new cord, uninstalling, reinstalling, factory reset the Head Unit, updated the settings, etc but the Bluetooth OFF was the one that woke AA up.
Just have to keep my fingers crossed and see how it goes over the next few days. I did have my first inspection on Monday, so not sure if they installed an update or not. Very weird that it worked, and then wouldn't work 10mins later though.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Just have to keep my fingers crossed and see how it goes over the next few days. I did have my first inspection on Monday, so not sure if they installed an update or not. Very weird that it worked, and then wouldn't work 10mins later though.
Actually, that's interesting. You just reminded me that I'd had my car serviced and that coincided with when I first noticed the head unit was behaving differently with my phone connected on the drive home. Maybe something gets triggered or reset when they do the inspections?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I find it annoying when Bluetooth automatically turns on when you plug the phone into AA. It shouldn't happen unless you allow it to.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,850 Posts
Restarting the phone might have done it. Or leaving the car off for 10 mins. The HU stays on for several minutes after the ignition is turned off. To restart it, hold down the power button for over 10 secs until the Starlink logo flashes.

Lots of info here:

Reactions: VIN18M

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hmm so maybe I’ve fixed it by just restarting my phone.
Did that fix your issue permanently @SubieSubieDo ?
Well, got in the car today and AA was greyed out again. Bluetooth kept asking permission to access and there's no way to say either yes or no so it just seems to assume Yes :mad: There is an option to exit Android Auto on the phone though. So no, the fix is not permanent. Will have to sit in the car on Saturday and run through what's what again. There's been no new Subaru HU updates since I did the factory reset therefore I'm thinking there's something buried in my phone settings but have yet to figure it out. I'd be happier if the (mostly Google) app updates on my phone informed me what is actually being changed instead of their generic "bugs and fixes".

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Interesting. If it’s a phone setting I can deal with it to be honest. I’d prefer that than an issue with the car 😉
I haven’t been for a drive since yesterday so can’t say if I’m still having the same issue.

81 - 100 of 124 Posts