Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

61 - 80 of 124 Posts

Registered
Yeah the genuine Subaru item is $171, which seemed steep but wasn't eye-wateringly expensive. It's just that when I saw the shape of it, I was kind of disappointed. It also doesn't have really high sides as I expected. The OEM version the USA gets looks a lot better.
Mine will mostly be to keep sand and water out of the boot area, I'll store my Hobie mirage drive in there as well as paddles and Hobie cart - all of which are often covered in sand after a day out.
For $60 I thought this one was worth a punt. Just hoping it's not one of those crappy foam type versions that are just never right.
Hard to say of its material. Im guessing its a 3D style but it could potentially be a foam inside and rubber lined item. I know the proper rubber 3D mats are heavier to lift which is the give away. Hopefully its the latter.
But $60 is better than $171. So you could still use it and not feel too bad if it lasts a few years and ends up being a throw away item.

Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
Yeah the genuine Subaru item is $171, which seemed steep but wasn't eye-wateringly expensive. It's just that when I saw the shape of it, I was kind of disappointed. It also doesn't have really high sides as I expected. The OEM version the USA gets looks a lot better.
Mine will mostly be to keep sand and water out of the boot area, I'll store my Hobie mirage drive in there as well as paddles and Hobie cart - all of which are often covered in sand after a day out.
For $60 I thought this one was worth a punt. Just hoping it's not one of those crappy foam type versions that are just never right.
Interesting, I didn't realize they had different versions of something so simple in different markets. We have the OEM version that came with the car (wasn't priced as an extra accessory) and has saved us a few times, such as up in the mountains in the snow. And especially when OAK left a grocery bag of fresh chicken in the cargo area, by mistake, then left the car parked in the sun for a few days... 馃樃

Reactions: sas-XV

Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
Interesting, I didn't realize they had different versions of something so simple in different markets. We have the OEM version that came with the car (wasn't priced as an extra accessory) and has saved us a few times, such as up in the mountains in the snow. And especially when OAK left a grocery bag of fresh chicken in the cargo area, by mistake, then left the car parked in the sun for a few days... 馃樃
Man-O-man that had to be nasty.
What did you use to get the smell out?

Registered
Man-O-man that had to be nasty.
What did you use to get the smell out?
Yup!

The rubber mat was hosed down and disinfected but it took probably a month for the stink that had permeated the car to go away. Without the mat we would have never gotten rid of the stink, and it was really, really bad! The kind that makes you want to vomit when you smell it.

Reactions: SBXVaus

Registered
19MY XV 2.0i-S CVT Dark Grey
Discussion Starter #65
Hard to say of its material. Im guessing its a 3D style but it could potentially be a foam inside and rubber lined item. I know the proper rubber 3D mats are heavier to lift which is the give away. Hopefully its the latter.
But $60 is better than $171. So you could still use it and not feel too bad if it lasts a few years and ends up being a throw away item.
Yeah, I just hope it's not really crappy and doesn't move around or lit up on the corners. One thing about the Genuine Tray is that it is decently heavy rubber and stays put.

Yep, this is what our mats look like, shallow sides and don't fit around behind the wheel arches. They are good quality don't get me wrong, but after looking at the USA version it's a bit of a let down.

I think I'll just give the $60 version a punt and see how it goes - worst case I'll do a review and potentially help other members make their decision.

Registered
One thing I didn't need as our XV came with the boot and carpet mats. It's disappointing the range of OEM accessories here is so limited and $$$$$$

Registered
Discussion Starter #67
One thing I didn't need as our XV came with the boot and carpet mats. It's disappointing the range of OEM accessories here is so limited and $$$$$$
Yeah I was lucky enough to get carpet mats and weather shields as part of my deal, but the cargo tray is a necessity for me once summer comes around.
Some of the accessories are crazy expensive, like $90 for a plastic tray to sit in the centre console!

Registered
Had no idea! Sorry. I wonder what it would cost to ship a mat down there?

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

Registered
I think one of you posted the rubber floor mats from eBay and there were only 2 left so I hope both of you got them. I was too slow. Thought I try to find some and was a bit gobsmacked by the price of these:
It's going to take more than free postage for me to drop the big bikkies for these.

Registered
Discussion Starter #72
I think one of you posted the rubber floor mats from eBay and there were only 2 left so I hope both of you got them. I was too slow. Thought I try to find some and was a bit gobsmacked by the price of these:
It's going to take more than free postage for me to drop the big bikkies for these.
That's an error, if you go to their website they are $175 including postage. I noticed that too and was very confused!

Registered
Had no idea! Sorry. I wonder what it would cost to ship a mat down there?
The shipping and AUD conversion rates from the States to Aus is often as much as the OEM amount sadly @AstroKats
As someone else mentioned on a different post with a Japanese owner wanting the black roof racks, the grass is always greener.

Registered
That's an error, if you go to their website they are $175 including postage. I noticed that too and was very confused!
LOL I was sure it was a typo and surprised they haven't twigged yet.
I use my car for work (visiting clients in their homes and/or transporting them) and with the heavy rainfall the past couple of days, I'm going to get them. The carpet mats don't have enough coverage. My Santa List is very long this year.
Have either of you bought a power station/jump box? I was looking at this CAT Jump Starter & Air Compressor Professional Grade Power Station 1000 Peak Amp | eBay

Registered
Discussion Starter #75
LOL I was sure it was a typo and surprised they haven't twigged yet.
I use my car for work (visiting clients in their homes and/or transporting them) and with the heavy rainfall the past couple of days, I'm going to get them. The carpet mats don't have enough coverage. My Santa List is very long this year.
Have either of you bought a power station/jump box? I was looking at this CAT Jump Starter & Air Compressor Professional Grade Power Station 1000 Peak Amp | eBay
I was putting off buying them until it got closer to summer, but definitely on the list for me - trying to space out the spending so I don't feel so guilty haha.

Haven't looked into a jump box, hoping I never need one! Does look like a good bit of kit though. The trick with those is keeping them charged up, otherwise they are useless.

Registered
Reactions: SubieSubieDo

Registered
Discussion Starter #78
Did you get them/happy with them/ I was wondering if they're rubbery enough so my boots didn't slip on them.
Still haven't purchased them, I'll let you know if they are any good unless you beat me to it and get them first.

Registered
I was putting off buying them until it got closer to summer, but definitely on the list for me - trying to space out the spending so I don't feel so guilty haha.

Haven't looked into a jump box, hoping I never need one! Does look like a good bit of kit though. The trick with those is keeping them charged up, otherwise they are useless.
(y) yes it all adds up.

Registered
If that was intended for me, we have Stanley Powerstations in both cars and, yes, you have to keep them charged...
Mostly for the Aussie Lads @AstroKats. The Stanley only seems to be available here via Amazon and the CAT seemed the closest to it. The NOCO GB40 looks more compact so probably easy to keep in the wheel well.

61 - 80 of 124 Posts