Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Limited picked up in January. 8"Nav. This morning started it up and entertainment system works flawlessly in every way EXCEPT absolutely no audio whatsoever out of the speakers.
Started and stopped it numerous times today without any change...still no audio. Tried everything i can think of or can find in the manual. Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine has done that a couple of times....must be a glitch between satellite and the head unit. No sound, no function, could not change channels, basically locked up just like a windows computer. Just go home park it, and forget about the situation - it will reset and function fine the next time you get in and start it up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has done that a couple of times....must be a glitch between satellite and the head unit. No sound, no function, could not change channels, basically locked up just like a windows computer. Just go home park it, and forget about the situation - it will reset and function fine the next time you get in and start it up.
Thanks for the quick response. Yeah I figured its just buggy software and I just need to give it time to get its head (unit) out of its @ss. ha ha. Interestingly EVERYTHING else appears normal..phone pairs just no audio...text alerts show up just no audio...CDs go in and play...just no audio...not with satellite..not with FM....not with green eggs and ham!

·
Registered
90 Posts
2018 Limited picked up in January. 8"Nav. This morning started it up and entertainment system works flawlessly in every way EXCEPT absolutely no audio whatsoever out of the speakers.
Started and stopped it numerous times today without any change...still no audio. Tried everything i can think of or can find in the manual. Any ideas?
In the upper right of your primary display do you see the map/navigation icon? I ask because I had something similar happen to me.

I started my car and the radio started playing. Then the navigation icon appeared in the top right and just stayed there. Audio would play on the rear speakers only and no amount of volume control would change the volume level. Tried everything before finally doing a factory reset which cleared up the problem. I know I'm not using the latest firmware and I'm waiting for my first service before having it installed.

·
Registered
256 Posts
There is a "mute" button on the crosstrek...when you hit the "mode" button do you hear a beep? It should beep t mute, and then beep to unmute.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[QUOE=MiniSQ;1920202]There is a "mute" button on the crosstrek...when you hit the "mode" button do you hear a beep? It should beep t mute, and then beep to unmute.[/QUOTE]

Not familiar with this and cannot find it. The only "mode" button I know of and can find controls HVAC vent direction. The volume button/dial when pressed acts as a mute...but engaged or not engaged I still get no audio.
This morning did a factory data reset...to no avail. Looks like trip to the dealer is all there is left. sigh...

I will update this as the saga continues and at some point concludes...for the benefit of posterity.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I encountered that same NO sound problem today. Don't want to go to the dealer if I can fix it myself...how do I do a factory reset?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I encountered that same NO sound problem today. Don't want to go to the dealer if I can fix it myself...how do I do a factory reset?
Press the Home button; select "settings", "General", then scroll down to "factory data reset".

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,178 Posts
You may not need a full factory reset. You can reboot the radio by holding down the power button for about 30 seconds (after 5 seconds the display will go off but keep holding the button until you see the Starlink logo).

·
Registered
4 Posts
You may not need a full factory reset. You can reboot the radio by holding down the power button for about 30 seconds (after 5 seconds the display will go off but keep holding the button until you see the Starlink logo).
I tried the short version and the full factory reset neither one worked so off to the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully they can fix it quickly...getting tired of hearing wind and traffic noise. I'm starting to think I might have been wise to stick with my Impreza.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
I tried the short version and the full factory reset neither one worked so off to the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully they can fix it quickly...getting tired of hearing wind and traffic noise. I'm starting to think I might have been wise to stick with my Impreza.
Sorry..

The Impreza has the same system (since '17). The firmware update (only available from the dealer) fixed a lot issues for us.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this issue on a 2019 Crosstrek and finally fixed it. I know it's an old thread, but I hope this helps anyone who goes looking and stumbles upon this. I tried doing a factory reset - nothing. I tried the firmware update - already up to date. Turning the car off and on over the course of 3 weeks - nothing. The thing that finally fixed it was this:

1. Turn car off.
2. Open your hood and locate the AUDIO fuse in your fuse box.
3. Remove the fuse with some needle nose pliers.
4. Turn car on.
5. Plug fuse back into its AUDIO slot while car is on.

My audio came back immediately. I hope this helps somebody. It saved me a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
I had this issue on a 2019 Crosstrek and finally fixed it. I know it's an old thread, but I hope this helps anyone who goes looking and stumbles upon this. I tried doing a factory reset - nothing. I tried the firmware update - already up to date. Turning the car off and on over the course of 3 weeks - nothing. The thing that finally fixed it was this:

1. Turn car off.
4. Turn car on.

My audio came back immediately. I hope this helps somebody. It saved me a trip to the dealer.
Did you try rebooting the HU?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts

1. Turn car off.
4. Turn car on.

This is the only thing that worked for me after trying everything else...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pulling the Audio fuse under the right hand side of the hood, starting car, replacing fuse, was the only way I was able to get the audio back. Control panel reset, Settings reset, did not work ! Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2 Posts

1. Turn car off.
4. Turn car on.

Just had this happen to my 2019 Crosstrek. I got home from work Monday night and everything worked. Woke up Tuesday, got in my car and no audio whatsoever. Came across this thread/post and tried this and it worked! So, thank you for posting your solution.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Did anyone try rebooting the HU? Hold the power button down for 10+ seconds until the Starlink logo flashes.

·
Registered
1 Posts

1. Turn car off.
4. Turn car on.

I have an 2018 Impreza Sport. My audio went out as well, and this solution worked perfectly for me! Thank you SO much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts