Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,264 Posts
Not to mention over the years your IP address has likely changed. I wouldn't worry about your IP address so much. Plus you can probably release and renew a new one.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
670 Posts
Just a comment... I'm very familiar with the principles and all else behind the new password policy, but thought I'd assert that I've seen it handled a little better.

In the future, would you be able to post the announcement in red letters at the top of the forum? Some warning with an email would help as well. I panicked because I know my password for this site and though I don't disagree with the decision made, I wish it was handled a little better.

Cheers! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
So... I would totally go ahead and change my password, but whenever I start to go through that process it says that my email address is NOT registered, yet my original name "91Yota" does still seem to be on the site.

I've tried going through the normal "Forgot Password?" link and get no email response

I've also tried to use the "Contact us" page asking for help and still haven't heard anything back.
I'm not even sure if my emails are being received.

SO, I used another email address of mine and THIS new name in hopes that I can at least post about it and hopefully get back to my old account.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Uhm... what?!?! hahah
I had a similar issue with getting back on. If you're using your original email address that you used during initial sign-up, have an ADMIN resend to your original address. That's how my password was reactivated correctly after being locked out.

·
Super Moderator
1,264 Posts
Unfortunately there is a difference between admins and mods. As a mod, we are not able to reset your password unfortunately. We have reached out to the admins to see how we can better assist our members. There have been other members with similar problems. Hopefully they will be squared away soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Unfortunately there is a difference between admins and mods. As a mod, we are not able to reset your password unfortunately. We have reached out to the admins to see how we can better assist our members. There have been other members with similar problems. Hopefully they will be squared away soon.

Hopefully :/

Thanks for the heads up!

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
4,045 Posts
Hopefully :/

Thanks for the heads up!
The admins are supposed to be watching this thread, but their response time is ... inconsistent. If you don't hear anything a couple of days into the work week, either try sending a PM to the administrator account, or PM one of the mods and we'll see what we can do.

·
Administrator
Testing Vehicle Information
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hey there,

We have posted to the sites letting users know how to go about changing their passwords. There are a few things that may have happened:
1) the email address wasn’t the current one you use
2) the email is getting blocked by spam or ending up in your junk folder.

If you have not received the password reset email, go to the site and use the password reset tool in the log in window. If this still is not working for you, please go to the contact us page at the bottom right hand corner of the screen and select the “other” field and insert the subject “password reset issue” .

sorry for the trouble. we are sorting out all the issues as they come in. thanks all!

~Shane

·
Registered
245 Posts
Holly hell I almost gave up. Two weeks. Had to do it on the computer not the phone.

4 Posts
New old member

Although I've only been gone about a week it seems much longer. Last week when everyone else obviously got an email about changing their password all I got was locked out. My fault actually as my email address had changed but I overlooked changing it here so...no notification. Try as I might I couldn't get back in without changing everything including my username. Hopefully someone can help me get my old username back (Pastor passum) and my post count as well.
For someone used to visiting the site multiple times a day, going cold turkey for a week was rough. It's good to be back though, even with the goofy username:icon_lol:

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
4,045 Posts
I've already discussed this with some of you privately, but a couple helpful hints for everyone else who's having login issues.

First thing to do is try following the instructions in post #32 above. If that doesn't work, leave a message in THIS THREAD explaining your situation ... it's fine to create a new, temporary account to do so if needed. Representatives of the firm that owns the site have said they will monitor this thread, and they are the only ones who can directly intervene with password and/or e-mail resets. It may take a couple of days. If you don't hear back from them after that, feel free to PM one of the mods and we'll be happy to try contacting the site owners on your behalf. (Many of the sites that are affected by this breach have volunteer moderators with the ability to reset passwords, but unfortunately this site isn't one of them.)

Above all, don't give up! It's been way too quiet around here lately, and we moderators want you back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help! Password rest/lost acct

TWIMC- this is actually Rob's XV. After the Password debacle a few weeks ago, my account was locked out and I can't log back in. Had to create this 'dummy' account to get to you and now every time I try to reset the password for Rob's XV, it defers to RobC. All that said- how do I get my Rob's XV account back? If/when I do, you can trash this one. Thanks. Rob

4 Posts
TWIMC- this is actually Rob's XV. After the Password debacle a few weeks ago, my account was locked out and I can't log back in. Had to create this 'dummy' account to get to you and now every time I try to reset the password for Rob's XV, it defers to RobC. All that said- how do I get my Rob's XV account back? If/when I do, you can trash this one. Thanks. Rob
This is my problem also. I've tried, more times than I'd like to admit, to get someone to help me get my old username back, as well as my post count. All I've accomplished so far is having to change my password over and over. I'd really rather post as Pastor passum (post count over 400) than Lockedoutandcantgetbackin with apost count of 2 :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
1,264 Posts
This thread should be monitored and we have sent some pm's to the administrator but have not heard back. I am truly sorry this has happened. We love our community and this really sucks.

4 Posts
This thread should be monitored and we have sent some pm's to the administrator but have not heard back. I am truly sorry this has happened. We love our community and this really sucks.

Member formerly known as Pastor passum :smileyvault-stirthe
My first email was sent on June 19 and I've sent 7 or 8 since then. Last night I finally got a reply to my June 19 email from Tiffany. That's 9 days and all she did was give me a temporary password but no help on getting my old username back. Surely that's possible so I won't have to post as a newbie after being a member for 18 months.

·
Premium Member
8,374 Posts
I believe that the database is intact as other members (as well as the moderators) still have all of the original stats and account names. It might be a case where they didn't understand the request.

Send one of the moderators the following:

1. Original account name
2. New temp account name
3. e-mail address that you registered under.

And we can try passing it on to the administrators. Please note I'm not promising that we would be more successful, we are just trying another avenue of communication to see if it will work any better.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts