Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

Registered
21 Sport
Yeah, that surprised me when I looked it up. It's four years if there's a change of ownership. Not sure of the logic there?

The smog check also includes a tailpipe emission analysis. Smog check places are not allowed to also make repairs so, if it fails, you have to go somewhere else to have it repaired, then pay for a new test.
i bought my tundra in 2004 and it's never failed a smog check. ditto for the 2006 4runner

Registered
21 Sport
Some states' extent of checking emission control systems is to check for trouble codes or recent resets. 8 years is a long time.

As far as tampering, unless you are visible blowing nasty stuff out your exhaust, you won't get caught unless a mechanic dimes you out.
my guess is most cars tampered with are bought used (by young guys) and will need to be smogged regularly

Three-pedal evangelist
2020 Premium 6MT
i bought my tundra in 2004 and it's never failed a smog check. ditto for the 2006 4runner
But what kind of a smog test do they do? As I mentioned earlier, some states just check for trouble codes and call it good if there are no codes thrown.

Resident topic drifter
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
But what kind of a smog test do they do? As I mentioned earlier, some states just check for trouble codes and call it good if there are no codes thrown.
See earlier posts - they inspect all of the emission system components and also do a tailpipe emission analysis by hooking up the car to a machine with a sensor in the tailpipe.

Our old Honda and Lexus always passed. My old V12 Jags though were another story...

Registered
21 Sport
they check emissions with computer and a probe up the tailpipe. the findings go directly to the state. c'mon man this is california :LOL:

Registered
2021 Crosstrek Sport Cool Gray Khaki
The commercials I see pronounce it "jag-you-ah"

Three-pedal evangelist
2020 Premium 6MT

Three-pedal evangelist
2020 Premium 6MT
Same as the car... but I see where you're going...
So the cat is a jag-you-are? I've always said jag-war, not jag-wire. But I'm from the Northeast.

What do you call a long sandwich?

Resident topic drifter
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
So the cat is a jag-you-are? I've always said jag-war, not jag-wire. But I'm from the Northeast.

Yes, unless it has melanistic coat coloration then I'd call it a black panther. We have black house panthers...

Not sure where you're going with the sandwich unless you're seeing how far we can hijack this thread before @Montanan notices, LOL!

Philly cheese steak? Torpedo? Sub?

Registered

Yes, unless it has melanistic coat coloration then I'd call it a black panther. We have black house panthers...

Not sure where you're going with the sandwich unless you're seeing how far we can hijack this thread before @Montanan notices, LOL!

Philly cheese steak? Torpedo? Sub?
It's a hoagie. Only heathens call it a grinder...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Three-pedal evangelist
2020 Premium 6MT
It's a hoagie. Only heathens call it a grinder...

Ha! I grew up in the Philly area and we called them hoagies there.

I remember when I first moved to northern NJ and started working in NYC, I went to a deli in NYC and asked for a hoagie. "A hoagie??? Where the hell are you from, out west???", said the guy behind the counter. I then knew they are subs or heros in the NYC area.

I now live in MA. Just about everywhere in New England, they are called grinders.

Reactions: BobNH

Registered
Yeah, I remember that from Philly...
Ha! I grew up in the Philly area and we called them hoagies there.

I remember when I first moved to northern NJ and started working in NYC, I went to a deli in NYC and asked for a hoagie. "A hoagie??? Where the hell are you from, out west???", said the guy behind the counter. I then knew they are subs or heros in the NYC area.

I now live in MA. Just about everywhere in New England, they are called grinders.
Yep, first 18 years of life just north of Philly in Langhorne
And it has been most grating in the 36 years since moving up here to order "grinders" (hold the 'r' please) and a "steak and cheese". But I most miss buying a bag of soft pretzels from random guys at traffic lights in Philly lol. And Butterscotch Krimpets.
Not sure the need for more power in a 2.5 Sport though.

Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
Ya know, we do have a handy off-topic discussion forum for topics just like this! And though you guys may not believe it, I'm pretty sure most of our site's visitors come to the site's other forums to read info about cars.

Just sayin'.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts