Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 XV with 5MT. 1.5” lift, Relations Race Wheels with General Grabber AT2 215/75R15. The cute one is my wife.
Already trying to plan a trip with a friend of mine for a hike and was hoping somebody has done Ophir Pass in Colorado. Let me know if that something the car can handle.
New to Subaru but not off-roading. So if anyone can give me the skinny I’d greatly appreciate it.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
3,674 Posts
I haven’t been down that way since I got my Crosstrek, but unless things have changed in the last few years I’d say you could do Ophir Pass in a Crosstrek without too much difficulty ... IF you’re generally familiar with driving roads like that, and are also already familiar with your vehicle. I wouldn’t do it as my first Subaru off-road experience.

There are lots of interesting high-clearance roads in that part of Colorado, of course, and there are some others you could do as warm-ups to Ophir. The Engineer Pass - Cinnamon Pass loop is great one to start with.

Just beware the approach angle! That’s definitely the Crosstrek’s achilles’ heel on the roads like that.

And if you go, post pictures!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks for the info Montanan
Most of the trails in the Ouray area can be done in a Crosstrek. I did all of them in my 07 FJ, but there wasn’t anything I wouldn’t do in my Crosstrek other than “Black Bear”. Just pick your line wisely, you should do fine. Have a good set of aftermarket skids. It’s all good...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts