Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Premium 6 speed, I have converted all external lights to LED, but have yet to find a 9005 LED that does DRL and High Beam (with proper lighting levels for the two modes).

My rear turn signal are 7440A LED with built-in resistor, however, I have tried front 744NA LED bulbs with and without resistors (both built-in and external). External resistors blew my turn signal fuse.

Anyone make either of the situations work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
these work as my front turn signal, built in resistor.

You will have a hard time getting the DRL to work with any LED bulb. I tried some anti flicker harnesses and they didn't work. I ended up unplugging the 9005 bulb and using the existing high beam harness (9005 connector) as a trigger for my high beam. I have a separate LED strip for my DRL that's tapped to fuse box behind the knee panel inside. I found that the fuses in the engine bay do some sort of electrical check and turned on my drl when I tapped to that fuse after the car is off.I retrofitted bi-led projectors but the solution should work with your application if you want to make your own harness.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Never thought I'd see the day you need an engineering degree to change a car light bulb. Lol. It's gotten crazy. No flash module...that's taken care of by the BCM or as I like to put it...The Bullshite Control Module. I used a bunch of JDMTOY lights in my FRS with great results. I'm just getting started on my Limited Crosstrek. I'm finding out how interconnected everything is in the 2019.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts