Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Great community! Lot of information.
I ordred a 2022 Outdoor / Sport model. I was going for the Touring / Premium at first but the 2.0 is not enough for me. Currently I own a Kia Soul with 164 HP so not going down to a 152 HP engine. The Touring / Premium was expected within 12 weeks. when I called the dealer to get the Outdoor / Sport model the waiting dropped to 7 weeks! I got the VIN.
If anyone is getting the 2022 model, thank you for sharing, it will give an idea when cars are coming.

·
Registered
2020 Pearl White Crosstrek Sport with Eyesight, CVT
271 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Exciting time. What colour?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all! Great community! Lot of information.
I ordred a 2022 Outdoor / Sport model. I was going for the Touring / Premium at first but the 2.0 is not enough for me. Currently I own a Kia Soul with 164 HP so not going down to a 152 HP engine. The Touring / Premium was expected within 12 weeks. when I called the dealer to get the Outdoor / Sport model the waiting dropped to 7 weeks! I got the VIN.
If anyone is getting the 2022 model, thank you for sharing, it will give an idea when cars are coming.
Would love to know when the 2022s start arriving!

I ordered a PYP Outdoor (my wife says the PYP is like me, so ugly it’s cute!) on December 11, 2021. Was told last week that it’s being built and given my VIN number.

Does anyone know the timeline from assembly floor to driveway in southern Ontario?!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I originally ordered a Pure Red limited back in December it still has not been scheduled for assembly, so we changed the colour to the Cool Grey Khaki and I now have my vin number and it is waiting to be loaded onto the ship (Pre Manifest) so hopefully 6 weeks or so it will be at the dealer :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would love to know when the 2022s start arriving!

I ordered a PYP Outdoor (my wife says the PYP is like me, so ugly it’s cute!) on December 11, 2021. Was told last week that it’s being built and given my VIN number.

Does anyone know the timeline from assembly floor to driveway in southern Ontario?!
I originally ordered a Pure Red limited back in December it still has not been scheduled for assembly, so we changed the colour to the Cool Grey Khaki and I now have my vin number and it is waiting to be loaded onto the ship (Pre Manifest) so hopefully 6 weeks or so it will be at the dealer :)
I think we will get our cars at the same time. I talked with my dealership yesterday. Mine was ordered the 6th January. My car still in Japan. He will call me when 1- the car gets on the boat 2- the boat arrives Vancouver. 3- the car is on the way to the dealership.
That's it. He estimates the end of February. But I don't think so.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Agreed it will properly be some time in March for our cars to arrive, still hoping for February but with covid and shipping delays it’s probably taking way longer then the normal average shipping times.

I wish Subaru Canada would have an option for us to real time track our order process once our vin number has been assigned :) even if its not an exact location just an aprox it would relive a lot of anxiety:) oh well 60 days will pass quickly and they will be here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agreed it will properly be some time in March for our cars to arrive, still hoping for February but with covid and shipping delays it’s probably taking way longer then the normal average shipping times.

I wish Subaru Canada would have an option for us to real time track our order process once our vin number has been assigned :) even if its not an exact location just an aprox it would relive a lot of anxiety:) oh well 60 days will pass quickly and they will be here.
BMW does it best:

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

If I'm not wrong, mini Cooper on certain models let's you see the car assembly via webcam.
Not or case,. But are getting existing cars!

·
Registered
3 Posts
End of November. Low production number also. 4278th one off the line.
Didnt get any VIN, but placed my order on 11 november. Hope it'll be here at the end of the month (january) too. They told me to expect end of Jan/early February...

EDIT : Finally, dealer told me (yesterday) that its on the boat, and will probably be here in Qc, Canada mid/end february

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update:
Original offer: 2022 Crosstrek sport/outdoor grey. Delivery in March.
my dealership just called me to give me this offer:
2021 Crosstrek sport/outdoor black
Delivery in two weeks
2500$ less expensive.

Deal or not deal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update:
Delivery in two weeks
2500$ less expensive.

Deal or not deal?
I'd wait another couples of weeks for the 2022. I know there's no changes to the car, but you'll be having a higher resell price for it later...

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Crystal Black Silica, Black Interior, 2016 VW Touareg Luxury
69 Posts
Update:
Delivery in two weeks
2500$ less expensive.

Deal or not deal?
It boils down to 3 things.
1) Do you want to spend $2,500 less?
2) Which color do you like better?
3) Do you want to be in the car sooner rather than later?

If you plan on keeping the car a number of years then the resale value becomes a less important part of the equation. I'd probably take the 21, but I like black cars better than gray.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts