Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the 'loss of power around 2500 rpm' issue that I have seen mentioned a good bit.

Please see the attached graph of rpm and MAF reading. My MAF goes nuts between 2450 and 2550 rpm.

My ECU has also learned to pull a ton of timing in this exact range.

Do any of you with this issue have the ability to log your MAF to see if you are experiencing the same thing? I can easily recreate this by going up a moderately steep hill in 4th gear at 45 mph (6MT).

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would help if you could see the x-axis.... that graph is not over an hour - its over a handful of seconds. I don't think +/- 30% MAF oscillations several times per second is normal. Nor is the ECU pulling 10 or more degrees of timing, nor is the car losing so much power that it can't climb a moderate grade at 45mph in 4th gear. This car is bone stock and this is with 93 octane in the tank.

I think I know what's going on, but my original question is to others that are reporting similar issues - can any of you log your MAF when the car is bogging?

Thanks,
ZB

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've got the 'loss of power around 2500 rpm' issue that I have seen mentioned a good bit.

Please see the attached graph of rpm and MAF reading. My MAF goes nuts between 2450 and 2550 rpm.

My ECU has also learned to pull a ton of timing in this exact range. To
It would help if you could see the x-axis.... that graph is not over an hour - its over a handful of seconds. I don't think +/- 30% MAF oscillations several times per second is normal. Nor is the ECU pulling 10 or more degrees of timing, nor is the car losing so much power that it can't climb a moderate grade at 45mph in 4th gear. This car is bone stock and this is with 93 octane in the tank.

I think I know what's going on, but my original question is to others that are reporting similar issues - can any of you log your MAF when the car is bogging?

Thanks,
ZB

Do any of you with this issue have the ability to log your MAF to see if you are experiencing the same thing? I can easily recreate this by going up a moderately steep hill in 4th gear at 45 mph (6MT).

·
Registered
46 Posts
When your doing 45 and the the car is boggi g down on a pull, are the tpms about the same. Yes but your giving it more gas to go up the hill when it had learned to go that speed with less fuel So now the ECU is telling the computer too much. TPS saying we got more. MAF is doing cartwheels trying to figure out more or less. And you get what you got. EKG

·
Registered
46 Posts
When your doing 45 and the the car is boggi g down on a pull, are the tpms about the same. Yes but your giving it more gas to go up the hill when it had learned to go that speed with less fuel So now the ECU is telling the computer too much. TPS saying we got more. MAF is doing cartwheels trying to figure out more or less. And you get what you got. EKG

·
Registered
44 Posts

Thanks,
ZB
I am having this same issue with the car bogging down at 2500 RPMs when the outside temp is 55+. I don't have a way to log my MAF, but since this thread is over a year old, were you able to get to the bottom of this issue? I haven't found any solutions and Subaru tells me that they haven't heard of this at all. Since it is winter, the car is running great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts