Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Crosstrek Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, old topic... new question:

I already have ceramic tint (20%) and a dash cover. My concern is, as others have stated, there are a few days in a row when I don't move my car and some extra sun protection would be ideal. Yes, I have a garage, but my Crosstrek is usually displayed prominently in the driveway. I'm also thinking to take the Subie camping and blackout might be nice. Alternately, screens might be nice since I already have the window trim (essential). I'm considering three options (or more if anyone has a good idea):

1. Buy the all window kit from WeatherTech for something like $150.
2. Buy fitted screens for considerably less.
3. Make my own inserts out of 1" foam (gym floor material)... and figure out how to make one side reflective... and how to keep them in the windows.

I'm currently leaning toward WeatherTech. Tear it up, team. :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
May want to consider HEATSHIELD. 2014-subaru-crosstrek-hatchback-5d Same price. Appears to be identical except side that goes against window has suction cups to hold shield in place. [except windshield where sunvisors do this]. Also company offers a rear hatch shield and a sunroof shield.

If the window screens don't keep the heat out as well as a heat shield, then the heat shield is better option.

I've had the HEATSHIELDS for windshield and front side windows for 4 years, very satisfied.

Reactions: ryanh
1 - 3 of 3 Posts