Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty sad that nothing has been posted here...

Reactions: RAS

·
Registered
2020 6 sp premium in Cool Khaki Grey
80 Posts
I am a noob here but looks to a perfect title to me ....

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, Canada CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
2,329 Posts
Well, of course, all lives matter. And it hurts to see oppression met by more oppression. Unfortunately, you can find bad people in all walks of life, any race, gender, any country, any company, any govt, any police force, etc, etc. But I do believe the good people vastly outnumber the bad people, and we can't just broad brush one entire group because of some bad apples. We can help bring about change, but we also need to be realistic what change will really help, and which can actually make it worse.

·
Super Moderator
2013 XV Crosstrek, Tangerine Orange
3,529 Posts
I am a noob here but looks to a perfect title to me ....
I'm not parsing the phrase, but I'm noting that the title is used as a rallying cry by a particular political faction ... and given our strict no-politics rule, that makes it potentially really problematic. But we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium; 2010 LGT stage 2+
306 Posts
Yeah I'm not sure how this will go without running afoul of the politics rule. But here goes...

On the subject of the title: I find that phrase used in response to BLM very confusing. If I say "save the whales" wouldn't it be goofy for someone to respond with "all sea life matters"? It really seems like avoiding the actual difficult and complicated discussion and instead reframing it into an easy and shallow one. Does all sea life matter? Of course. Everyone can agree on that. That's not the discussion that Save the Whales is trying to have tho.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I'm not parsing the phrase, but I'm noting that the title is used as a rallying cry by a particular political faction ... and given our strict no-politics rule, that makes it potentially really problematic. But we'll see what happens.
Maybe change the title. You are a great moderator and reasonably liberal in your allowing posts.. Out of respect I'll stay out

·
Registered
2020 Pure Red Crosstrek 6-spd, 2019 DGM Crosstrek 6-spd
220 Posts
I am in no way attempting to undermine the value this site has to me personally, but after being bombarded by Covid dangers and watching racial tensions flare on all forms of media I consider this place a “safe heaven” and enjoy being able to discuss cars without “social fallout”. America seems to have lost its sense of humor and we seem to take an adversarial stance over the simplest differences of opinion. I enjoy being able to immerse myself in Subaru lore without any outside baggage.
Of course I am not insensitive to the real world situation, but I need places like this to normalize my thinking. At least I can choose to participate in any thread I like, and the mods here have kept the peace quite well so I always feel welcome.

Jake

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, we can give it a shot if you want ... though I have to say, you picked the worst possible title for the thread. :cautious:

Moving to the off-topic forum ...
Just delete it, the entire thread.

I grew up in the UK where the police are usually nice. It's so sad that we can't have a reasonable discussion about this.

I agree with the movement and we went a peaceful protest last weekend. However, our city was trashed and a fire was set up against our building that could have killed everyone who lives here.

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Super Moderator
2013 XV Crosstrek, Tangerine Orange
3,529 Posts
OK, I'll shut this one down, but it doesn't preclude somebody from giving this topic another shot, if they'd like to. Mostly, I was just taken aback by the thread title, and you guys have pretty impressively handled some other difficult topics lately ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.