Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2017 and 2021 CrossTrek Limited
141 Posts
LOL
No problem guys, knew I’d get blowback. Yes, the dealer gets props for taking the car back, and, yes the RAV is only FWD (my bad).
And yes again, all car companies will have fanboys and anti-fanboys.
If you go to Forester forums you’ll see my 2011 was costing me a fortune to keep running, with 140,000 miles. My personal experience with 5 Toyotas and one Honda was outstanding.
The main issue with this Crosstrek was that it was sold with the ECM recall not addressed. And when they did address it, it still refused to start. So I had a very bad feeling from start to finish including only having one master key and having the interior polluted with fragrance that we could not get rid of.
So pummel me if it makes you feel better. You’re in the car of your dreams and I am in a Toyota. The world has a slew of crises bigger than all of our car problems put together.
And so it goes.....
Kudos for coming back with this post. All the best with your new Rav!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, I understand him posting, and then heading off to the dealer. So he got a different car....good on him. I really don't care what people drive as it's none of my business. Enjoy the Toyota.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good for you for changing brands. If they don't support you, drop them(should apply to any brand). Subaru burned us on a 2011 Outback, so my patience is slim for them on the 2018 crosstrek in the family. Warranty denial seems to be their standard M.O. Good luck with the Rav4.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
@77'911 How did Subaru burn you on a 2011 Outback?

·
Registered
23 Posts
@77'911 How did Subaru burn you on a 2011 Outback?
Zero warranty support, and poor local dealer who denied all warranty issues(fuel pump, cvt trans, inner tie rod ends, motor/trans mounts, control arm bushings, etc..). And that Outback was driven by a 78 year old lady, just if you think it was being driven off road. It could just be our local dealer is moribund.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Seems like there are a lot of complaints about Canadian Subaru dealers in general.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Zero warranty support, and poor local dealer who denied all warranty issues(fuel pump, cvt trans, inner tie rod ends, motor/trans mounts, control arm bushings, etc..). And that Outback was driven by a 78 year old lady, just if you think it was being driven off road. It could just be our local dealer is moribund.
that is a lot of issues! how many miles were on ths car?

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6R ..... 98 Forester S - Atl, GA
30 Posts
This just doesn't add up.
There is no user on SF.org with the username Copperhill.
Joined 15 hours ago with 4 posts.
This guy is yanking our chains.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
3,621 Posts
This just doesn't add up.
There is no user on SF.org with the username Copperhill.
Joined 15 hours ago with 4 posts.
This guy is yanking our chains.
Yep ... whether or not there’s any truth in the story, it’s time to call this out as the juvenile troll fest that it is.

Thread closed.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.