'16 Subaru CrossTrek Limited w/Tech
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sounds like a Micheal Bay movie, hah.

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,117 Posts
Wrecking yard truck dropped a bundle of drive shafts and half shafts in front of me on 580. I remember a drive shaft digging in and vaulting over the front window of my Corolla. Great relief until I ran a half shaft over and it shattered both driver's side aluminum rims. The car just dragged off to the shoulder. I ran out and collected the 8 pieces of scrap before anyone else hit them. Truck didn't stop. Insurance covered it. Perfect dent under the car shaped vaguely like a constant velocity joint. I think I was lucky, I guess, dunno.

I once saw some wood come off the back of a pickup truck and under the wheels of the car behind him.

Unfortunately for the truck's driver, that car just happened to be a state police car.

·
Registered
'16 Subaru CrossTrek Limited w/Tech
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I once saw some wood come off the back of a pickup truck and under the wheels of the car behind him.

Unfortunately for the truck's driver, that car just happened to be a state police car.
I would argue that's worse than ice coming loose. That's somebody who owns a truck, hauling loads and has not secured them properly.
So, that's not someone who's just lazy they're also just careless because they're not securing something that could cause even more damage potentially.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts