Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone by chance know how long it takes for someone to start producing (affordable) after-market headlights? I see all these other cars from around the same year with sweet led driving lights and feel dated with the premium oem halogen.
I’ve seen the ones circuitdemon made but I could never forgive myself for dropping 2gs on some lights.

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,203 Posts
$150 for Diode Dynamics for SL1 LED headlights (low beam) for my 2017 Crosstrek. Guaranteed for three years and easy install. I think that is definitely affordable for high quality. Yes, they are sweet, but even better you can actually see what's in front of you (says this 69 year old codger. In addition, DD is a trusted sponsor of this site.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru XV Crosstrek
30 Posts
$150 for Diode Dynamics for SL1 LED headlights (low beam) for my 2017 Crosstrek. Guaranteed for three years and easy install. I think that is definitely affordable for high quality. Yes, they are sweet, but even better you can actually see what's in front of you (says this 69 year old codger. In addition, DD is a trusted sponsor of this site.
I agree. I ended up not just getting the Low Beam, I got all of it. The High Beam, and the Fog and love them. Being able to see and not have the yellow tint is amazing, and like you said the price isnt that bad with everything you are getting from them.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I agree. I ended up not just getting the Low Beam, I got all of it. The High Beam, and the Fog and love them. Being able to see and not have the yellow tint is amazing, and like you said the price isnt that bad with everything you are getting from them.
Do your highs flicker as DRLs?

·
Registered
19 Crosstrek Limited ORANGE
37 Posts
If you're wanting custom headlight built, that process typically takes 4-6 weeks. Sometimes more sometimes less, it all depends on what the build consists of. I know that Morimoto originally had plans to make LED headlights for the Crosstrek, but I believe that the project was scrapped.
If you just want to replace your halogen bulbs with an LED bulb, the Diode Dynamics SL1, S-v.4, and GTR Lighting Ultra 2 are all great options. I'm personally a fan of the S-V.4 as it has a great beam pattern, and is brighter than the SL1.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the info. Do your DRL still work with the upgraded high beams ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts