Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 415 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
If you have aftermarket wheels on your XV could you post TWO (only) pictures please. First picture a full length side profile of your XV with the front of the car facing left of frame. The second shot should be a full frame of the front wheel with a little bit of guard. Sun behind you please and the only details you should write are the make and size details.
Viewers, please no comments so we don't have to scroll to pages of comments.
I would love it to be just a gallery

·
Registered
887 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here are my winter rims,
2005-2006 Subaru Legacy GT Rims, painted
17x7"
+55 Offset
225/55R17 tires
No fitment issues at all.

View attachment 2111 View attachment 2112
Hail to the Titans! I was wondering if you could share your experience with these wheels. I am purchasing an XV now and my dealer has talked me into buying some Koenig rims (to fit summer tires) which have a somewhat different offset (+45 I think). I am somewhat concerned how this would affect handling and safety, while the official dealer says it's fine. Should I worry?

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Hail to the Titans! I was wondering if you could share your experience with these wheels. I am purchasing an XV now and my dealer has talked me into buying some Koenig rims (to fit summer tires) which have a somewhat different offset (+45 I think). I am somewhat concerned how this would affect handling and safety, while the official dealer says it's fine. Should I worry?
First, Welcome.

You might want to take time to consider your options, depending on where you live*. There are plenty of manufacturers and even used Subaru alloys that are available and will fit. We've just seen the one posted above. As you already know, anything 5x100 bolt pattern and an offset of 48 will fit. 45's will likely fit with some offset to the outside of the fender. If the clearance is anything like a Forester's depending on the size of the tires the inner lip of the fender may need to be rolled for safe clearance through the suspension travel. So really it's a test fit for now on the XV's until someone determines it fits and is running them. If you like the Konig's and the dealer is willing to test fit a wheel and tire combo as a test fit (no commitment to buy from you) then go for it.

Besides all the aftermarket suppliers there are I plenty of OEM Subaru alloys that fit and can be picked up on various Subaru forums, craigslist, etc. Heres a thread from the Forester forum and you'll note that different OEM offsets fit (Forester wheels and many late model Subarus have the same offset and bolt pattern as the XV) http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f72/subaru-oem-wheels-fit-forester-19106/ All the OEM's change the look, don't you think.

*It may help the forum if you could update your Profile with an accurate location. Being an international forum regional advice will be easier if we know what market to address. There are very few differences in the XV internationally other than some engine options and model-trim differences so an answer from someone on another continent can still apply to your model and this information will show up every time you post making it easier for everyone. You can also add some vehicle information to your Signature, usually year/model/transmission will suffice. As the years add up this information (that will also appear every time) will help identify advice and information related to your year and model.

Hope all this helps you enjoy your XV and the Forum.

Cheers
Doug.

**Sorry for the comments in a none intended comment thread, my bad.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm not sure what the stock offset is but if it's similar it shouldn't be too big of a deal.. A bigger problem is the price you will be paying for those Konig rims. You are likely paying a HUGE premium at the dealership. If you want aftermarket rims look to aftermarket wheel suppliers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you, Doug, guys. I will speak to the dealer and see what he has to say. The price for the rims is good actually, about the same as everywhere else which is roughly 200 US dollars per wheel. Those should look good an on orange Crosstrek I think.

KONIG_BUMP_Matte_Black.jpg

I live in Moscow, Russia BTW.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Thank you, Doug, guys. I will speak to the dealer and see what he has to say. The price for the rims is good actually, about the same as everywhere else which is roughly 200 US dollars per wheel. Those should look good an on orange Crosstrek I think.

View attachment 2756

I live in Moscow, Russia BTW.
Konigs are good. I use to have runaways on my Mazda rx8 and they did well. Konigs are soft metal though. They would get gouged from rocks and scratched all the time. If you use your xv off road I wouldn't recommend konigs. For only on road use they're great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
685 Posts
This is my winter setup, wanted to go with something kind of similar in appearance to stock:

16x7.5 moda MD15 rims
215/65R-16 General Altimax Arctic (studded)

I like these far more than any other aftermarket wheels I've seen on an xv, though I still prefer the factory wheels.

Still, these look fantastic!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have a bronze set of rota torques (17x7) with nokian Hakkapeliitta 225/45/17 for my wrx. We are getting some snow in next few days so they are going on the wrx.

But, just for giggles I wanted to see how they would look on the XV. 2 things I noticed....

1..... The color works awesome with the tangerine....
2..... HOLY WHEEL GAP BATMAN !!!!!!! Lol

Oem tires are only 225/55's but damn what a difference .

1 - 20 of 415 Posts