Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone who has the regular non-hybrid model, put on the aerodynamic spoiler that's on the hybrid model, on their car? There was a silver hybrid XV outside my work with one on, and I had a chance to get close and look at it and kind of liked it to be honest. I figure it is supposed to save an mpg or something and wouldn't be completely worthless on a non hybrid if it can save some mpg either way. Just not keen on the 300 some dollar asking price for the part, never understood why mass produced car parts are always so expensive.

·
Banned
93 Posts
Has anyone who has the regular non-hybrid model, put on the aerodynamic spoiler that's on the hybrid model, on their car? There was a silver hybrid XV outside my work with one on, and I had a chance to get close and look at it and kind of liked it to be honest. I figure it is supposed to save an mpg or something and wouldn't be completely worthless on a non hybrid if it can save some mpg either way. Just not keen on the 300 some dollar asking price for the part, never understood why mass produced car parts are always so expensive.
I have a hybrid and I'm not sure what spoiler your talking about? If your talking about the add on roof spoiler that's not standard on a hybrid. My car does not have it. It's an add on option for all XV's. Doesn't help with mpg, just for looks. There are tons of threads on here about these spoiler, just search roof spoiler.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a hybrid and I'm not sure what spoiler your talking about? If your talking about the add on roof spoiler that's not standard on a hybrid. My car does not have it. It's an add on option for all XV's. Doesn't help with mpg, just for looks. There are tons of threads on here about these spoiler, just search roof spoiler.

Its the black piece that is extending out from the "small spoiler part" that is standard on the xv. This - Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Spoiler

I've seen the regular spoiler and don't really care for it. This kind of just flows off the existing "spoiler"

Attachments

·
Banned
93 Posts
Its the black piece that is extending out from the "small spoiler part" that is standard on the xv. This - View attachment 148833

I've seen the regular spoiler and don't really care for it. This kind of just flows off the existing "spoiler"
I've never seen that spoiler on any XV. My 2014 plasma green hybrid does not have that. I'm not to fond of it, I like the add on spoiler much better.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never seen that spoiler on any XV. My 2014 plasma green hybrid does not have that. I'm not to fond of it, I like the add on spoiler much better.

The only thing I don't like about the add on spoiler, is just that, it looks like it was added on. It doesn't really have the flow feeling/look to me, and looks like it sticks up above the roof a little (doesn't really flow from roof to spoiler to well imo), with this one it looks cleaner to me, idk.

·
Banned
93 Posts
The only thing I don't like about the add on spoiler, is just that, it looks like it was added on. It doesn't really have the flow feeling/look to me, and looks like it sticks up above the roof a little (doesn't really flow from roof to spoiler to well imo), with this one it looks cleaner to me, idk.
Since this one is black you really wouldn't notice much of a difference. The sport spoiler actually makes the entire vehicle look different.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Anyone attempted to add the aerodynamic spoiler? I'm curious as to how it is mounted (i.e. any drilling/cutting involved).

·
Registered
2016 CVT Premium
69 Posts
It was already on my 2016 when I bought it. Don't feel the need to yank it off

4th post in my topic

1 - 14 of 14 Posts