Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just bought a 2016 Crosstrek and I am looking to get some off road YEAR ROUND tires and rally wheels to beef up the Subie. I have been doing a lot of research, but am totally new to modifying anything stock on a car.

I'm not looking to lift the car right away, so I want to make sure that the new tire will avoid rubbing and provide some similar MPG.

I have seen lots of Crosstreks getting Method 502 VT wheels and BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA KO2 235/75/15 tires. Some people are going with Wheels: Method MR502 15x7 +15 and Tires: BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA KO2 215/75/15. I have also seen General Grabber AT2 rubber in 225/70R-15.

As long as the tires and wheel are the same diameter, will the width of the tire matter?

Also would I need new TPMS sensors?

I am open to any suggestions so any advice on what does and doesn't work would be super helpful and the process of changing out the wheels and tires.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up!

Do you have the specs/ links to the wheel and tire set up you have there? Do you find those Geolanders are a good commuter tire? Do you find them louder than the stock?

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!

Do you have the specs/ links to the wheel and tire set up you have there? Do you find those Geolanders are a good commuter tire? Do you find them louder than the stock?

Thanks for the reply.
first off my main goal was performance not "the look" and I have no interest in lifting an already lifted car or installing mud flaps. I live in the the city and 99.5% of my driving is on paved roads. I am a photographer tho and I do drive many miles on dirt roads and I head to the sierras whenever it snows. I also drive in the mountains a lot so I want my crosstrek to be nimble.

my set-up actually reduces weight 2lbs per corner (yours will add at least that) which improves handling, acceleration, mpg and braking. there is no additional noise but handling is a bit softer I think mainly because of the smaller wheel diameter but I have adjusted to it completely. my best guess on mpg is 1 to 1.5 less per gallon.

in the snow the tires work well but the stock tires and the other set of street tires also worked well for me. offroad these tires and the extra sidewall really shines. much smoother even on washboards.

and while looks were not a primary concern I think my tires and wheel make my crosstrek look fantastic.

if you use the calculator at tire rack it'll give you all the specs. make sure to specify 16" wheels. sizing is true to OEM.

also, I used the factory sensors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts