Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add heated mirrors to my base model Crosstrek. Is this as simple as buying the switch and heated mirrors? Can anyone confirm if the wiring harness is already there?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I want to add heated mirrors to my base model Crosstrek. Is this as simple as buying the switch and heated mirrors? Can anyone confirm if the wiring harness is already there?
I was on the path of doing this but winter just showed up in southern California so I decided it was a) too late into winter b) I'm too lazy hahaha

but prior years had both heat/signal wiring...

http://www.subispeed.com/2015-subaru-wrx/exterior/mirrors/olm-wide-angle-convex-mirrors-with-turn-signals-defrosters-and-blind-spot-blue-16-wrx-sti-2015-crosstrek#.WoQ4tzOIb3D

gl hf!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Did you end up doing the heated mirror retrofit?
Wow, old thread. To answer the OP, yes the harness is in there and its really easy. You buy the plug-n-play kit, remove the old mirrors, plug in the new mirrors and set in place. There is no switch as it's connected directly to the defogger control.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow, old thread. To answer the OP, yes the harness is in there and its really easy. You buy the plug-n-play kit, remove the old mirrors, plug in the new mirrors and set in place. There is no switch as it's connected directly to the defogger control.
That's great. Did you end up doing this retrofit yourself?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Base MT
4 Posts
Looking to do the same, I pulled the stock mirrors off of my '19 base tonight and found the black and white clips with the connector mate for the auto-dim behind a piece of sticky foam (panels 5 and 6 on the pdf Doca linked), but no wiring for the heater terminals. I need to pull the door panels in the near future to add some sound dampening, hoping maybe they're in there and can be pulled out to the mirror bodys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts