Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I hope you are all well. Quick question.

Has anyone added emergency warning lights to their Crosstrek, specifically their rear turn signals or reverse lights? I am a volunteer Firefighter / EMT and I am looking at adding some LED hideaways to the back of my Crosstrek. I have looked both the turn signals and reverse lights and I'm not sure what would work best. Thanks for any input.

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello. I'm involved with a upfitting a bit and the big pockets in these taillights are a thing of beauty. I would suggest try to use some dual color hideaways if you don't want to do any drilling. Use a flasher module that will let you bypass so you can use the lights normally when not activated. Also I drive a VW Alltrack (GF has a 2020 Crosstrek) and I have dual-color Fusions on my lower rear bumper that I often steady burn white at night after mountain biking, etc. Those rear bumper reflectors on the Crosstrek would be a great place for something like that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello. I'm involved with a upfitting a bit and the big pockets in these taillights are a thing of beauty. I would suggest try to use some dual color hideaways if you don't want to do any drilling. Use a flasher module that will let you bypass so you can use the lights normally when not activated. Also I drive a VW Alltrack (GF has a 2020 Crosstrek) and I have dual-color Fusions on my lower rear bumper that I often steady burn white at night after mountain biking, etc. Those rear bumper reflectors on the Crosstrek would be a great place for something like that.
Thanks for the info. My 2019 has LED taillights, so they won't work. I ended up putting them in the reverse light housings, which will do the trick.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I’m late to the party but yes, I have!

i put clusters of high power, amber LEDs in the clear turn signal housing.

Theres 2 capped OEM channels with wire guides on each side of the OEM bulb. It almost like it was built with unmarked police car in mind.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m late to the party but yes, I have!

i put clusters of high power, amber LEDs in the clear turn signal housing.

Theres 2 capped OEM channels with wire guides on each side of the OEM bulb. It almost like it was built with unmarked police car in mind.
Thanks Doca. Which housings are you talking about? I don't remember seeing them in the rear housings. Thanks again.

Mike

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Unfortunately, my previous post was written while doing other things and I actually missed that you’d put them in the reverse lamp housing. Nice! I may have gone that route but didn’t want to mess with getting wiring through to the tail gate.

If you were to remove the tail light assembly and look behind the clear lens, you'll see the channels.
The channels are circled in a pic I took during my project. They have a cap that slips off and on and they’re cut down the slide which gives the appearance that it was designed to secure wiring; that’s how I adjusted the bulb depth. I think those caps were black but you can see a similar white cap on the very left.

i still have to bother obtaining an actual OEM switch but I managed to get a near fit Toyota switch in the lower left switch panel by sacrificing an existing blank. It’s sticks out a little but it also makes it easy to control without looking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts