Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if you can just add on the lights and harness to a 2019 with halogen (non-led, non-eyesight) to the opening of the C-lights and have it work? I was cleaning out the engine bay today and noticed that I had what looks like tape covering the opening of the C-lights and was curious to know if I can add them instead of having high beam drl?

Anyone mind sending a picture of how your C-light bulbs look like inside the bay as well as the headlight outside (wondering if mine is the same or even possible) and where the harness goes to? (Not really required but can help me out somewhat)

Also if anyone knows more about the C-Lights harness or where I might be able to get a custom one that'd be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Was the 2019 a typo? The new generation 2018+ crosstrek do not have any C-light opening or even a light in the chrome C shaped accent. If your mean the previous 2017 and under generation then any t10 bulb will fit. Diode Dynamics makes C Light board for that generation that you can tap to your DRL and turn signal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a typo; and yes I know they do not have a light in them currently, but I have noticed that the tape I've seen on both sides of the inside assembly are the exact places that a C-light bulb would go in from videos online (diode dynamic apart from others). I'll upload a picture(s) later after work. Just wondering if it's possible to modify the non lit C into a lit one through that hole.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm wondering if it maybe has to be a custom job to do it though, because of the chrome but I'm not sure which is why i was asking (1st subaru of mine) and couldn't find anything online.

·
Registered
119 Posts
ok, in that case yes it would have to be a custom job. I used the 2015 WRX C Light, it doesn't fit the shape of the Chrome C trim perfectly but I aligned it pretty good. You can either run them on Hi all the time or come up with your own harness to dim with the headlights. Check out My build. If you're going to open them up you might as well retrofit HID or LED projectors. That's another daunting task but it can be done. In the end you can decide if it's cheaper/easier than swapping limited led headlights and finding the wiring diagram. The tape you saw was probably the gore-tex tape for the breather vent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok, in that case yes it would have to be a custom job. I used the 2015 WRX C Light, it doesn't fit the shape of the Chrome C trim perfectly but I aligned it pretty good. You can either run them on Hi all the time or come up with your own harness to dim with the headlights. Check out My build. If you're going to open them up you might as well retrofit HID or LED projectors. That's another daunting task but it can be done. In the end you can decide if it's cheaper/easier than swapping limited led headlights and finding the wiring diagram. The tape you saw was probably the gore-tex tape for the breather vent.
I did read your post on your post. I'm planning to do another retrofit to another set of headlights I just bought. Did you mount the C light on the (C-Chrome Trim) or did you remove the trim all together? Also, which shroud did you use for the projector? Last time I bought a shroud it was way to small for our headlights.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I did read your post on your post. I'm planning to do another retrofit to another set of headlights I just bought. Did you mount the C light on the (C-Chrome Trim) or did you remove the trim all together? Also, which shroud did you use for the projector? Last time I bought a shroud it was way to small for our headlights.
You have to trim the bowl depending on the projector. These headlights are really shallow. I used "ocular" projector shrouds for 2.5" projector. Pretty much had to trim a notch up to the mounting tabs. Never though there would be a shroud too small haha. I mounted the C Light to the C chrome trim but I painted that black. It's a tight fit. You can probably trim it so the C Light fits flush but that was too risky for me. I'm pretty satisfied with how it came it just mounted on painted C Chrome trim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts