Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, been lurking here the past few months and just signed up. Also I am a first time Subaru owner. I decided on Subaru because I always read that people keep these things for a long time when maintained properly. I guess that could be said of many cars but Subaru still seem to stand out in that regard.

I bought a new 2020 Subaru XV 2.0 with eyesight last week and am loving it, already put on some exterior mods.

However in my country (Jamaica) it seems a couple options that I would like to have has not been enabled for our market.

My question is, is there a scan tool/software that can be used to turn these options on myself? Things are missing in the HU settings like auto door locking when you drive off, no lock/unlock chirps with the keyless access and pushbutton etc.

Anyway here it is, I suppose it's closest in spec to the Limited models in the US.

·
Registered
40 Posts
HU to me means head unit, the radio display/Nav.

If you use the Set button on the steering wheel, you can navigate another menu on the dash. It has a number of settings that you can change there. Not sure if that's what you mean by the HU or not, but you may try the steering wheel set options to change that stuff. I can certainly access some of those on mine (US Model)

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,210 Posts
HU to me means head unit, the radio display/Nav.

If you use the Set button on the steering wheel, you can navigate another menu on the dash. It has a number of settings that you can change there. Not sure if that's what you mean by the HU or not, but you may try the steering wheel set options to change that stuff. I can certainly access some of those on mine (US Model)
Same here... There are also some hidden menus that you can find by doing some searching here but what the OP is asking about should be standard options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes by HU I mean the head unit. I know I should be able to find the audible chirp options under settings > vehicle > keyless entry > and choose to turn the chirp on or off, but in my HU the only option that's there is to flash the hazards or not when locking/unlocking.

I've been searching the web for the past few days looking for a tool to perhaps plug into the obd2 port to add or change it but no luck.

Thanks for the responses, if I nothing comes up I suppose the next thing to do would be to ask the dealer if they have the ability to enable those options when I go in for the first service because according to the manual, those are things that can be enabled by a subaru dealer, the big question would be if they actually have the tools to do it.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,210 Posts
What version of the firmware do you have? Here's what I know about the latest ones in North America

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, the original firmware was rel.uc.19.12.70, updated and now I have rel.ua.19.36.70.

I was hoping the update would have added those features but no luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts