Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

adding CD player

Model Years 2018 to 2023 
8K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  CRAZYHAWK 
#1 ·
I have a 2022 Crosstrek that does not have a CD player. Has anyone added one through the USB port? If so How does it come up on the system?

Tnx in advance for the help.

#5 ·
I have a binder of old CDs that I put together about 15 years ago when I was driving an old Toyota. and I've faithfully transferred that binder to all the cars I've owned since ... and used it less with each subsequent car. I think I've probably played two CDs in my current Crosstrek, total. All my personal music lives in an iPod that I keep in the car, and using it is way easier than dealing with the CDs.

Which is my way of saying that I think transferring your music to a new medium is going to be the easiest way to go, by far. If you want to stick with the CDs, though, there's a possibility that you could find an external player that could send data to your head unit via Bluetooth, and that's what I would try ... though I haven't seen posts here from anyone who's done that. I don't think there's much chance of getting a wired, USB connection to work.

#27 ·
Seakayak and should be able to help you put your music on a USB thumb drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.