Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been watching a bunch of youtube videos lately and it has been fun to let my mind wander and think about hitching up a small camper to my 2019 Crosstrek 6sp manual.

of course i would want a bathroom/shower in it , if possble was just wondering if anyone has towed an A frame or scamp like trailer with a crosstrek. i think it says it has a 1500 lb towing capacity.

thanks.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
You can tow anything as long as you don't exceed the 1,500 pound limit. If I remember correctly the tongue weight limit is about 165 lbs.

Reactions: malco49

·
Super Moderator
8,379 Posts
You can tow anything as long as you don't exceed the 1,500 pound limit. If I remember correctly the tongue weight limit is about 165 lbs.
Remember that's 1,500 pounds in North America. Other areas around the world may list a different limit as they did in the previous model year - ie other countries had a limit of several 100 pounds more.

Why would they list a different limit for what is essentially the same car but in a different country? We never got to a verifiable answer.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
687kg + 90kg tongue weight.

That's a whooping 63.5 grams less load and 0.0025328598 tonnes less tongue weight than you US folk.

Lol; yup.. one of them days....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts