Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was everyone's first modification or accessory? What's the "must have" for using the Crosstrek for offroad/rallying etc? I'm hoping to invest in a skid plate
or something in the future.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Absolute first accessory was a car trash bag. First substantive accessory was full Primitive skid plate set.

·
Registered
2018 Crosstrek Sport 6 MT
3,343 Posts
For me it was aftermarket Mud flaps,Body side mouldings,Sport Grille, interior Rear seat protectors, Full Husky Floor mats,rear cargo tray,rear bumper scuff protector...needless to say the List of Wants,Needs,Desires Carries on to this day,almost one year of ownership later:icon_lol:

Myself being a fly fisher it was about the basics, the vehicle has more than ample Road clearance for any and all of the Local Lakes I like to fish-explore

Others Will chime in, it really depends on how much Off roading you are planning on doing

What ever activities, this Subaru is More than up to the Challenge

Troutbum

Reactions: Dynablue

·
Registered
439 Posts
I had my first 3 accessories arrive at the same time.

Hitch - for carrying bike rack

Kayak J cradles for carrying Kayak

Kicker speakers

All three were installed on the same day. All easy things to do.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
All Weather floor mat is the very first. Wherever you are is going means you are tracking in those stuff into your car. If you value your carpet, get yourself some nice mats.

Skit plate would be my second if my GPS does not stop taking me off roading. Soft underbelly need to be protected from rocks.

Mud flap would be third. They do something, not sure what, but they look nice :smileyvault-stirthe

Rear seat protector, rear bumper protector and other stuff like that depends on whether you are dragging things through your car or not.

After that, you are looking at full size spare, extra gas, off road car jack (something that works in uneven road/mud), something to help tow your car out (with another car or with a tree).

You can go nuts buying a lot of stuff for you car. Keep your credit card somewhere safe (like... your significant other's wallet).

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
All Weather floor mat is the very first. Wherever you are is going means you are tracking in those stuff into your car. If you value your carpet, get yourself some nice mats.

Skit plate would be my second if my GPS does not stop taking me off roading. Soft underbelly need to be protected from rocks.

Mud flap would be third. They do something, not sure what, but they look nice :smileyvault-stirthe

Rear seat protector, rear bumper protector and other stuff like that depends on whether you are dragging things through your car or not.

After that, you are looking at full size spare, extra gas, off road car jack (something that works in uneven road/mud), something to help tow your car out (with another car or with a tree).

You can go nuts buying a lot of stuff for you car. Keep your credit card somewhere safe (like... your significant other's wallet).
I agree with all of that, but mudflaps need to be first because running big nasty mudflaps is what makes a Subaru a Subaru! Lol!

·
Registered
200 Posts
sport grill and spoiler were the first mods. then weather tech floor mats for the colorado road trip. after that was the SSD intake. and next up is the sparco's/ A/T tires, rear sway bar & master cylinder brace. mud flaps are ok, they look goofy w/o beefier tires.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cross bars and basket first (at delivery from the dealer), then dipped chrome, then rally wheels and BFG all terrains and rokblokz mud flaps. Next on my list are skid plates and possibly ADF lift kit.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I got weathertech floor covers, LED's in the cabin and rear trunk; Eco-hitch, LED taillights, mud flaps, Stop-tech drilled and slotted rotors and SS brake lines;, K&N air filter, HID low beams, Dynamatted the whole car, full-sized spare;
Whiteline rear anti-sway bar, Whiteline front strut brace, ...........can't remember what else I've done to her.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I started with all weather mats, set back protectors, cargo tray, hitch, and rear bumper cover all from the dealer.
Then I moved to the Rally Armor mudflaps, method wheels with grabber tires, crossrails and a bike carrier, and led lights.
Ordering next week a fumoto valve, and plan to get an Apexi dry filter. The list will never end and is always growing lol..

·
Super Moderator
1,264 Posts
It is very tough to stop buying accessories. You will definitely not regret the fumoto valve. The hardest part with that accessory is you have to wait until your next oil change interval until you can reap the benefit.
I started with all weather mats, set back protectors, cargo tray, hitch, and rear bumper cover all from the dealer.
Then I moved to the Rally Armor mudflaps, method wheels with grabber tires, crossrails and a bike carrier, and led lights.
Ordering next week a fumoto valve, and plan to get an Apexi dry filter. The list will never end and is always growing lol..

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I ordered my car on April 16, 2016 and expect it to be delivered on June 14th (Dealer ETA).

Ample time to pick out a few items I wanted but didn't want to be included in the dealer financing, things I could add with minimal effort or stress over how well the additions were made.

So, I got:

OEM Crossbars
Dual Rear Cargo Nets
Console Tray
Locking Lug Nuts
C&C CarWorx Front License Plate Bracket
Rear Bumper "Butt" Plug
Center Console Cup Holder Sliding Cover

I imagine I will want to add aftermarket accessories that will give me more peace of mind when I leave paved roads at some point, but for now I just want my car! :blush:

·
Registered
298 Posts
What was everyone's first modification or accessory? What's the "must have" for using the Crosstrek for offroad/rallying etc? I'm hoping to invest in a skid plate
or something in the future.
My first mod was pulling off the PZEV sticker at the dealership, at delivery, in the service bay. Then they swapped the wheels and tires out and I put new floor mats in and drove it away. :grin:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyoen have a good link for the crossbars and basket? Also looking for the front bumper mount for a LED bar

I just bought a basket that is identical to the Rhino Rack Xtray, but a fraction of the cost. PLUS the site has an extra 10% off with the promo code FLASH10 . It'll total out at $182.99!! I ordered mine on Thursday, and the tracking says it'll arrive next wednesday.

Here's the link: Deluxe Steel Roof Cargo Basket with Wind Fairing ER-08208S | DiscountRamps.com

(my XV came with factory installed crossbars, so I can't help you there. sorry!)

As for the front bumper LED mount, I'm going to buy this one soon:

xv SSD rally bar.jpg

It's $189 on their site. Subaru Products

·
Registered
35 Posts
WeatherTech mats and then had to get that horrible audio system under control.
Kicker Door Speakers
Kicker Amp
Cerwin Vega subwoofer under the seat
Alpine Silk Dome Tweeters.

Ahhhh, such a relief.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Old thread I know. Just wondering what size Grabbers you went with and if you experienced any rubbing. Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts