Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
Well the installation and photoshoot has been delayed until tomorrow. Dearly Beloved has the XV today.
Will he leave the lights on again? 馃樃

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
Will he leave the lights on again? 馃樃
馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ He better bloody NOT!!!!
Meanwhile I took the Honda for a 1 hour drive on the tourist road to ensure the battery was well charged. The roads were lovely and quiet thanks to coronavirus so I could even take in some of the scenery.

Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ He better bloody NOT!!!!
Meanwhile I took the Honda for a 1 hour drive on the tourist road to ensure the battery was well charged. The roads were lovely and quiet thanks to coronavirus so I could even take in some of the scenery.
Love it but an hour on the alternator won't do much. Do you have a good battery charger?

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Love it but an hour on the alternator won't do much. Do you have a good battery charger?
Oh no! The Director of Finance will never let me invest in such an expensive piece of kit as that. :eek:
(I did reverse the Honda up the driveway though in case further resuscitation is necessary 馃)馃惃

Registered
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
POWERALL SUPREME JUMPSTARTER
Not so much an accessory, yet useful for rendering assistance in an emergencies or camping trips. Today's purchase was a Powerall Supreme Jump Starter. A nice compact unit that does it's job well. Jumped the completely dead battery on Offspring's Fozzie right away with the manual overide button. Features include:
  • Voltage feedback protection with MOSFET
  • Reverse polarity and spark protection
  • Overload, over-current, short circuit, over voltage, and over charge protection
Will definitely take this on our next trip away for charging phones and devices via the USB ports. Nice bright torch too.

Registered
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
REAR SEAT BACK CARGO NET (FORESTER)
from Subaru Canada works well in Aussie XV
Holds quite a lot, Subie Sunshade, large, long umbrella and various reusable shopping bags.

IMG_20200806_155339.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
TRU-FIT 3D MAXPIDER ALL WEATHER MATS
Really like the quality, coverage and colour match. They look very smart and catch lots of dirt. Just a little disappointed the fit isn't a bit closer around the petrol cap release. Apologies for photo quality (ie the lack there of).

IMG_20200813_154403.jpg IMG_20200813_154419.jpg IMG_20200813_165839.jpg IMG_20200813_163636.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
DASH MAT (Shevron)
In Coal Grey. SUBARU DASH MAT Dearly Beloved thinks it's ugly and it does cover up the orange stitching and dash contours and the passenger airbag flap is a bit conspicuous. I took it out for winter and will use it again in summer for UV protection. Fitmycar also make one Subaru Xv Dash Mats. Free Delivery | FitMyCar but I wasn't keen on using the sticky-backed velcro on the dash. The Fitmycar version also covers the area in front of the centre instrument display.
IMG_20200806_161157.jpg IMG_20200813_154507.jpg

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #31

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
Have you ever found that the mats moved around as you got in and out of the car?
Only had the driver's one down for a week. Once they're down, they stay down. They haven't budged. The proprietary Maxpider (carpet facing) layer is like a superfine and prickly Velcro hook. It takes a really good tug to pull them out after you've fitted them. It's why I just vacuumed and wiped the driver's side over with a wet cloth. The Maxpider doesn't seem to mark the carpets or harm them in anyway. They look very smart and finished, not like a typical rubber mat and don't seem to have any nasty smell.

Registered
thats great feedback. I reckon this will be my next purchase. The rubber generic units I have are pretty average at best and move around every time I get in and out of the car.

Registered
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
thats great feedback. I reckon this will be my next purchase. The rubber generic units I have are pretty average at best and move around every time I get in and out of the car.
You're welcome. The only thing I can't comment on is durability because I haven't had them long enough.
Love that the driver's mat covers the little hump under the accelerator pedal because the OEM mats didn't and I noticed that little area was already starting to look a bit worn. Be aware they're not really flexible like rubber. I wouldn't fold them or bend them. Line up the driver's one under the pedal end first when fitting.

Registered
Discussion Starter #37
Did an interior clean yesterday. One month on with the Tru-Fit 3D mats. Took the front mats out and gave them a wash with a soapy cloth then hosed them clean. Very water repelent. Held them up and the water just dripped off. Wiped them dry. The backing seems to get a little less grippy the more you pull them in and out but it doesn't seem to matter because the contours are so precise they stay in place.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts