Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Crosstrek Limited
72 Posts
Purchased a ‘22 Crosstrek Limited for highway trips. Purchased an eTrailer hitch for eBike rack.
Wife confiscated it. She drives 25 miles round trip to work six days a week.Think she will give back.
Want the eStop delete. But lived with it on a F-150 for three years.
With a few more miles will add a catch can and passive CVT cooler. Valve deposits and Houston heat make me think that both are good additions. Both I suspect are warranty killers.

·
Registered
126 Posts
On my 2019 I did the follwing to my premium. Mine came wiht the home rear view mirror. Below I listed the cost if I ordered it wiht the car versus what I paid to do it myself:
Cargo Organizer: nice to have
/53.65
Interior illumination kit: totally not a must
213/115.01
Window deflector: A must for me
119.95 / 92
Door edge guards: absolute must
148 / 88.21
Body side molding: absolute must
292 / 191.72
Rear seat back protector: absolute must
102 / 57.82
Exterior mirror auto Dim w/ Approach light: absolute must
235/153.36
Side sill plates: not necessary
135/92.00
1244.95 / 790.12 savings 454.83

·
Registered
2022 Canadian Sport trim (6MT // 2.0 )
999 Posts
We have almost identical builds: Model Year 2018 and Newer - From a 2019 to a 2022

As some have said, interior LEDs and the hitch are way overpriced at the dealer. You can get diodes from DD or Superbrightleds at a fraction of the price. Ordering a Curt hitch online and getting it installed will also be about half of what the dealer asks.

·
Registered
2015 XV Crosstrek Premium CVT, 2019 Impreza Sport MT, 2001 Forester S 4EAT, 2013 Outback Premium CVT
251 Posts
  • Auto dimming side mirrors
With puddle lights yes! easy to do yourself https://photos.app.goo.gl/18BXN5cP5rshYW787
  • Auto dimming review mirror with homelink and compass
Yes you will need this in order for the side mirrors to work, the side mirrors use the sensor in the inside morror to dim the outside ones. I use my homelink for my garage all the time, not so much the compass.
  • Rear Bumper Cover-Step Plate
worth having
  • Cargo Area Net
Side nets I think are better than the large one that goes all the way across, the large one just gets in the way most of the time. For me anyway
  • Cargo Area Seatback Protector
  • Cargo Area Tray
Both of these work well I have them in three of my current scoobies
  • LED Interior lights?
I haven't done this myself, not a huge fan of interior LED's I think I'm in the minority here though.
  • Trailer hitch [maybe]
I did this on our Crosstrek, I had u haul install it though, I wanted the 2" opening mostly for a bike rack but have used it to trailer a small uhaul the other week

I have some pics of ours with some of the things I've done at this link:

Liam's 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium

Not the same version but a lot of the things are the same

I have links to mods I've done to my Impreza which is also similar in many ways.

Peaty's Impreza Sport Mod Links

Good luck and have fun!

~peaty

·
Registered
5 Posts
What Subaru accessory was worth every penny to you and what was a complete waste?

I'm expecting my new Crosstrek in a few months and plan on getting some Subaru accessories like...

• Cargo Area Net
  • Cargo Area Seatback Protectors
  • Cargo Area Tray
  • LED Interior lights?
  • Trailer hitch [maybe]

And I plan on having the Yokohama Geolander tires replaced with Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires before the car leaves the lot. [Not an accessory but I thought I'd mention it anyway!]

Did you get any of the accessories that I'm planning on getting? Is there anything I should avoid? Any accessory you think I should seriously consider?

Thanks

:)
I currently have three Subarus (#'s 4, 5, & 6) and have all of the accessories that you listed on at least one of them. So,
  • Auto dimming side mirrors - Yes.
  • Auto dimming review mirror with homelink and compass - Yes
  • Rear Bumper Cover-Step Plate - Yes. If you'll want it. If you don't get it you will likely wish you did.
  • Cargo Area Net - not needed.
  • Cargo Area Seat-back Protectors - they're ok but not necessary. A blanket, pad, or piece of cardboard will work just as well, if not better, if needed, when loading cargo
  • Cargo Area Tray - Yes. It's great when you want to load muddy boots, sandy beach chairs, etc in the back.
  • LED Interior lights? - Nice but the regular lights work just fine
  • Trailer hitch [maybe] - NO. You can get a quality 2" hitch installed for significantly less and even less if you install it yourself. I have one factory hitch and I regret it.

• This is likely how I'd spec the next car. Now, are they "worth it?" They're worth having but they're all ridiculously over priced. That said, buy once, cry once. Pass on 'em and you may regret it for as long as own the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I opted out of the rear bumper protector and regret that. I do a lot of hauling and am happy I did not get the rubber seat back protectors. My stuff needs to slide in/out. To facilitate sliding, I also built a raised deck across the spare for improved stowage (like my old Vibe had) and a straight pull out the back of the car. A piece of carpet from the local "Mart" store fits perfectly to give me just the right friction. The carpet was also an idea I used in my old Vibe. My wife's Legacy has auto dimming and I detest it. Not dark enough yet my manual rear mirror does get dark enough.

·
Registered
4 Posts
IMO, they are all good accessories. I got everything on your list with the exception of the trailer hitch and cargo net. I did add the sunroof visor and window visors. I also dumped the OEM tires and went the Falken Wildpeak A/T Trails for my Crosstrek. View attachment 312312
View attachment 312311
View attachment 312310
View attachment 312313
Hey that’s wonderful. What’s the exact model and size of your tire and rim?
have you found it good for off-roading?Did you pit A lift kit on it or not? Does the size of the tiresmakes it so that it touches the wells or not?
Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
What Subaru accessory was worth every penny to you and what was a complete waste?

I'm expecting my new Crosstrek in a few months and plan on getting some Subaru accessories like...

• Cargo Area Net
  • Cargo Area Tray
  • LED Interior lights?
  • Trailer hitch [maybe]

And I plan on having the Yokohama Geolander tires replaced with Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires before the car leaves the lot. [Not an accessory but I thought I'd mention it anyway!]

Did you get any of the accessories that I'm planning on getting? Is there anything I should avoid? Any accessory you think I should seriously consider?

Thanks

Hi,
I like your choices.

I recently bought Sport, love it.

Rear cover step plate is a good idea. I added one on my last Xtrek, this one came w/it. Its impossible to keep the bumper free from scratches without it. Especially if car camping.

I value all the tray accessories you mention as well. I use my car mainly for roadtrips, and sleep in the back. I do not have to commute.

The auto-dimming rear mirror is awesome, and i use the digital compass all the time.

Swapping out the Geolander for crossclimate 2 is a great idea! The geolanders are less than ideal. I got into snow not long after getting my Crosstrek Sport and found it disappointing. My old impreza did way better in snow. I think the rubber compound on the OEM GeoLander is too hard in cold weather.

I added side moldings (to avoid door dings) and Subaru Window deflectors. I don’t like the looks, but find them very utilitarian. I would miss them now. They are great for car camping, keeping the rain out. In the desert they help let the heat out, and disguise the fact that the windows are cracked open. Its nice to crack the windows when its raining out as well.

My last crosstrek had the minie, 1” hitch, good for bike racks. The car only tows 1500lbs.. so, not sure it's worth it. I’m debating adding one myself however, to tow a very small trailer.

I upgraded to an STI shift nob, sounds funny, “show” but i rest my hand on the stick (this is my first auto) and found the smooth black OEM odd and prone to scratching up easy. Unfortunately the only one i could find had a Red STI logo embroidered on it .. (i am a fan of the “no badges” look)

I upgraded to the footwell lighting too. Great on road trips. The OEM footwell lighting is not very bright, the reduced its illumination from the past, but still functional at night. Easier to find the water bottle lol

I upped to weatherTech floor mats, not as pretty as the OEM Sport, but utilitarian. Far better at keeping the water an snow out of the carpet.

The cargo net would be useful for groceries an things, i’ll pick one up sometime.

My next upgrade will be B6 shocks & struts

I do not know about the LED lights.. not sure what mine has. Are the LEDs brighter?

·
Registered
118 Posts
2021 Limited here - I really like the STI back spoiler and the Sports grill that I have on mine.
I agree , the Sports grill is sharp. I like the STI spoiler as well. My car is Crystal White Pearl, a lot of White and Black going on. My first white car, I’ve always had the Magnetite Grey in my other cars. I been toying with the idea of getting the STI Spoiler painted White to blend more.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a 2021 Convenience.
For Accessories, I went with:
-Weather Tech floor mats.​
- Curt 2" Hitch.​
- Rear cargo area cover (non Subaru).​
- Rear bumper cover (Subaru).​
- Rally Armor Mud flaps.​
- Remote Starter (Subaru).​
- Coverking front seat covers (don't use the rear much, so didn't splurge for them).​
- Fuse panel cover storage tray.​
- Sharkfin antenna.​
- Hood blackout panel, rear mountain decal.​
Future:​
- Auto start-stop disabler (Aliexpress)​
- Side window deflectors (Subaru).​
- Rear seat cover.​
- Bumper (Body Armor), winch (Milemarker Maverick5), fogs and driving lights.​
- Hood Struts.​
- Heated wiper blades.​
- Auto dimming side and rearview mirrors.​
And probably a bunch of other stuff. lol​
i did not know you could get heated wiper blades..

My crosstrek lights don’t cut it in the mountains or heavy fog. Bought DiodeDynamics stage 3 2” fog lights, and now trying to figure out the best way to mount them cleanly.

Anyone have experience with the front license plate mounting bracket? ,

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a 2021 Convenience.
For Accessories, I went with:
-Weather Tech floor mats.​
- Curt 2" Hitch.​
- Rear cargo area cover (non Subaru).​
- Rear bumper cover (Subaru).​
- Rally Armor Mud flaps.​
- Remote Starter (Subaru).​
- Coverking front seat covers (don't use the rear much, so didn't splurge for them).​
- Fuse panel cover storage tray.​
- Sharkfin antenna.​
- Hood blackout panel, rear mountain decal.​
Future:​
- Auto start-stop disabler (Aliexpress)​
- Side window deflectors (Subaru).​
- Rear seat cover.​
- Bumper (Body Armor), winch (Milemarker Maverick5), fogs and driving lights.​
- Hood Struts.​
- Heated wiper blades.​
- Auto dimming side and rearview mirrors.​
And probably a bunch of other stuff. lol​
What are Hood Struts?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey that’s wonderful. What’s the exact model and size of your tire and rim?
have you found it good for off-roading?Did you pit A lift kit on it or not? Does the size of the tiresmakes it so that it touches the wells or not?
Thanks!
The wheels are my OEM wheels, and the tires are OEM size too, I just upgraded to Falken Wildpeak A/T Trails tires and replaced the OEM Geolanders that came with the car. My suspension is stock too...

·
Registered
6 Posts

• Cargo Area Net
  • Cargo Area Tray
  • LED Interior lights?
  • Trailer hitch [maybe]

Thanks

• Cargo Area Tray
  • Trailer hitch
(all good investments)

also good are door edge protectors, mud flaps and side door guards

• Cargo Area Net (never use)

21 - 40 of 83 Posts