Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CGK Limited CVT
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So twice this week, I would engage my ACC but it wouldn't let me set a cruising speed. I would hit the "Set" button and nothing would happen. I could turn ACC on/off and EyeSight was on (i.e. not disabled like what happens if there is frost, sun glare, etc.) so everything appeared to be 100% normal from a visual inspection of all the screens and indicators.

Some other interesting findings:
  • The first time it happened, it didn't let me set the speed during my entire drive to work. Once I got to work, shut off the car, came back in the evening and it was working fine for the ride home and for the next few days without issue
  • But then agin this morning on my way to work it wouldn't set. There was some heavy traffic, so I was at a dead stop at one point and threw it in to park, turned the car off, and started the engine back up but this did not resolve the issue. I think that it doesn't restart all of the electronics since the HU never turned off or anything, but thought I'd give it a try
  • I noticed today when the ACC wasn't working, my lane keep assist appeared to be working (i.e. i could see the icon and it appeared it was "on") and the sensor would throw a "Lane Departure" warning, but the physical turning of the steering wheel to keep me in the lane did not work
Just curious if anyone else has experienced this? I'm due for a service soon, so I'll have the dealer look at it under warranty, but just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
6,909 Posts
To get the HU to reboot you need to hold the power button for ten secs or so, until the Starlink logo appears. Turning the car off and on won't do it, unless the car is off for at least 5 mins. Not sure this will help with the Eyesight issues, though...

·
Registered
2018 CGK Limited CVT
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks AK, I don't think HU has anything to do with it. I was just thinking that shutting off the engine alone isn't enough to power down the whole electrical system... thus, a simple engine off then on cycle isn't rebooting the car's computer

Another update, it happened again today and is random as far as I can tell. I've tried setting the cruise at multiple speeds, different conditions, etc.... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The only consistency is that it it's the first "set" that matters - if it works, then it'll work for the entire drive, if it doesn't then I can never set cruise until I fully shut down the car

I'm getting annoyed since I can't nail down what is triggering the issue and not confident that I'll be able to replicate it for the dealer

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
6,909 Posts
There's an intermediate level of shutdown that happens when you open the driver's door. If you have the time, you could try cycling through and see how many times you have to start and then shut down the car until it happens again.

·
Registered
2018 CGK Limited CVT
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This thread didn't generate a whole lot of interest, so I'm assuming others haven't experienced this. As a final update, I've tried every combination of driving scenarios that I can think of to try and trigger this issue, but haven't been able to "force" this glitch. Everything has been working as normal, so really have no idea what caused it or when/if it'll happen again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts