Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I've run into an issue in the past few days with my 2013 Limited. With the AC on and the dial set all the way to the left for cold air, my car with produce moderately cool air at best. With the fan on it's highest setting, its only a more intense blow of lukewarm air. I had my 60K mile service recently, and I figured they might have noticed something? I remember the AC not being super cold during hot Georgia summers as well. Does my car require a recharge or refrigerant? I would love to get this fixed as soon as possible. Thanks everyone - Christian

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,138 Posts
Did you mention this at the service? Sounds to me like it needs a recharge, unless it happened suddenly...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not, hadn't reminded myself of the issue as it's now much colder here in Atlanta than those hot summer days. It seems to me it has been a process and thinking recharge will be the way to go

·
Registered
610 Posts
I did not, hadn't reminded myself of the issue as it's now much colder here in Atlanta than those hot summer days. It seems to me it has been a process and thinking recharge will be the way to go
I went on a road trip this summer and when I arrived in bishop, ca my AC was blowing hot air and it was over 100 degrees. on the way home through the central valley it was 102. what a miserable trip.

I had my AC recharged when I got home and its been fine since. still don't understand what happened.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whew, erader. I just bought some A/C Pro, looking forward to fixing it myself and having cool air again. Yours sounds like one sweaty ride

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had my front two windows tinted to 35% today (Suntek CXP), looking forward to seeing how those black summertime heat as well

·
Registered
610 Posts
Whew, erader. I just bought some A/C Pro, looking forward to fixing it myself and having cool air again. Yours sounds like one sweaty ride
dude it was bad. many of the places I went on that trip was offroad and I couldn't roll my windows down because of the dust. you know my home AC did the same thing about five years ago but I had it recharged and it's worked ever since. I don't understand that one either

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had the same thing happen. The evaporator valve (I think that what was replaced, I will have to check) was leaking, so I had to get a new one. The part number changed, which tells me they must have redesigned it. The system was recharged. However, the drivers side still blows hotter than the passenger side. Not sure what is going on. I don't have dual zone climate controls.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Did you manage to get this fixed? Mine is blowing sub cool air, especially through the two left driver side vents. The two passenger vents seem cooler.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mine is doing that same thing. I'm about to bring mine in for the 90,000 mile service, so I'll let you know what they tell me
Hey Ryno, did you ever get this fixed? I'm still dealing with it since it still blows some cool air. Thank God for the passenger side vents because the driver's side vents is blowing warm air.

·
Registered
319 Posts
A big issue Subaru's have is that the compressor clutch slips due to wear. Several threads on here and elsewhere about it and how to resolve for free by removing a shim if that is the problem. Will blow cold for a few minutes and then no more cold air.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts