Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, stay tuned I have a bunch of shots to upload and I'll link and provide mini-reviews of anything I show you. You'll see if you stay with me that I have a bit of military flavor added to my XV, I'll explain along the way but I'm a veteran and my wife is still active duty so it fits us as we are super proud to be a part of the Army family for over 20 years now.
Sorry for the license plate blobs, I know it's mostly pointless but its just something ya do I guess.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Hi all, stay tuned I have a bunch of shots to upload and I'll link and provide mini-reviews of anything I show you. You'll see if you stay with me that I have a bit of military flavor added to my XV, I'll explain along the way but I'm a veteran and my wife is still active duty so it fits us as we are super proud to be a part of the Army family for over 20 years now.
Sorry for the license plate blobs, I know it's mostly pointless but its just something ya do I guess.

Wow that looks completely 100% badass! Did you use plastidip for all of the blacking out? I really like what you did with the headlights, but does that block the turn signal from showing?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I've been watching your posts as well, good looking ride, just couldn't bring myself to go Orange but I certainly like it. Yes the wheel moldings are modified with Dip, I have been staring at photos since the XV caught my eye a few months ago and planning to dip the areas that (I think) should have been like that from the factory. Picked my XV up a week and a half ago and the only place I've really driven until yesterday was for tint as I was busy taping and dipping away in the garage and waiting for various stuff to arrive via amazon. Hopefully you can see in this pic the light that comes through the dip on the sides. Mind you this is just lights on in daylight hours and they go brighter with the turn signals on. Also for the record I ran it by a local police officer to get an opinion and his response was "I don't have a problem with it, some cars around here with faded and clouded lights put out less light". So I went with it, your mileage may vary, as they say.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Thank you, I've been watching your posts as well, good looking ride, just couldn't bring myself to go Orange but I certainly like it. Yes the wheel moldings are modified with Dip, I have been staring at photos since the XV caught my eye a few months ago and planning to dip the areas that (I think) should have been like that from the factory. Picked my XV up a week and a half ago and the only place I've really driven until yesterday was for tint as I was busy taping and dipping away in the garage and waiting for various stuff to arrive via amazon. Hopefully you can see in this pic the light that comes through the dip on the sides. Mind you this is just lights on in daylight hours and they go brighter with the turn signals on. Also for the record I ran it by a local police officer to get an opinion and his response was "I don't have a problem with it, some cars around here with faded and clouded lights put out less light". So I went with it, your mileage may vary, as they say.

Thats awesome! Did you use plastidip smoke for the lights or just black plastidip?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats awesome! Did you use plastidip smoke for the lights or just black plastidip?
Just black, I looked at some others who used the smoke and I didn't care too much for it. I also thought about using some glossifier (used a very light coat of it on the wheels) but I think I prefer the matte for now, that's the beauty of the dip as you know, you can always just change it up.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
I actually like everything except the Subaru badges u just painted black
Looks a bit silly
U need badge overlays white with carbon fibre background to set it off

·
Registered
889 Posts
Looks a bit silly
"Looks a bit silly" says the man with "pink overlays!"
I think it looks awesome good job matey:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks a bit silly
Thank you, the badges are a work in progress, just had to kill the blue/chrome. I've looked at the carbon fiber overlays and may eventually go that route but not in white, I'm going with matte black background with gloss black stars, it's my fourth choice down the line after I've tried a couple of other ideas. Stay tuned, the next iteration is going on this week, looking forward to hearing your opinion.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
So nice seeing different people doing different things to their cars. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So nice seeing different people doing different things to their cars. :)
Thanks, I think the platform provided by Subaru lends itself very well to personalization, newest hobby of mine, looking at other people's twist on it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Rear floor cup holders

Here's a rough shot of a cup holder I've assembled to work nicely on the rear floorboard. I have the cup holders in the rear seat as well but these are a quick reach from the front seats. They fold up when not in use and are mounted on a hand made "bracket" under the rear seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Dan,
Nice XV looks awesome. I've been kind of thinking about going for the stealth/tactical look myself. You should check out G.E.A.R seat covers by smittybilt. They are probably the coolest seat covers i have ever seen haha. The only thing that holding me back a bit is that they say they are for the wrangler only. I'm probably going to get them and try it out because they look pretty universal, but they have got tactical written all over them. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
The Khaki was a very close second choice for me. It definitely is the "bad - a$$" colour of choice. Nice pics!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'm sold on dipping the lower part of the back bumper. I always thought it looked like it was supposed to be black plastic rather than painted. Going to dip mine ASAP.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Dan,
Nice XV looks awesome. I've been kind of thinking about going for the stealth/tactical look myself. You should check out G.E.A.R seat covers by smittybilt. They are probably the coolest seat covers i have ever seen haha. The only thing that holding me back a bit is that they say they are for the wrangler only. I'm probably going to get them and try it out because they look pretty universal, but they have got tactical written all over them. Just a thought.
They do fit the theme for sure. Looking at amazon it seems the ones they list as universal are for the seat back only and have the 550 cord on the side and dont have the greatest reviews. Might be worth contacting the company to see if they'd support a product line for the XV. Also coverking has a tactical series.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sold on dipping the lower part of the back bumper. I always thought it looked like it was supposed to be black plastic rather than painted. Going to dip mine ASAP.
Do it! I think it kind of ties those odd bumper corners together and widens the look of the rear end.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Is the cup holders a OEM XV part or is it from another Subaru
I had These in my 2007 forester

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Are both your front bumpers dipped the same
On Some pics the front is dipped square
And some are dipped curved
Square