Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome. I like the electronic parking brake. As long is the doors are closed and your seatbelt is on it releases itself when you have in gear ant tap the gas.
That called AVH, or Auto Vehicle Hold. I had this on my 21 Forester, but never used it. Now someone who bought it from Carvana can enjoy it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Who really needs power steering. Maybe on a V8, but a 2.0L boxer?
Had it in my CRX Si, absolutely hated it after one day. Sure I made it work, but it sucked for inner city use with all the stop and go traffic and tight parking spots. My del Sol Si had power steering yet still had better control and feedback than the CRX. Electric power steering was a step back however, hydraulic PS gives the best and most consistent feedback.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can't say I notice the feedback difference between hydraulic and electric power steering. The only thing I do notice is how much tighter and responsive the Crosstrek steering is than any other car I've owned.
The steering ratio is higher than most cars, which I love. The ratio in the Crosstrek and Impreza is the same as the BRZ which helps a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts