Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After running the a/c for 10 mins or so the unit starts making funny noises and water starts running out from under the glove box!! It is a fair amount of water, more than I would expect from condensation. Does anybody know what might be wrong?
Floor Flooring Auto part Metal

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
853 Posts
yyyyyyea I live in Texas and I have my AC on FULL BLAST For months at a time. This has never happened to me. I would take it to the dealer ASAP.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
there is a hose that drips A/C condensation OUTSIDE of the XV just past the passenger tire. Maybe yours became disconnected? I have no idea if that drain hose attaches to the interior somewhere...just speculating. Might as well let the dealer fix it, thats what a warranty is for. But to save your interior until you can get to a dealer, it might be worth looking up in there for that hose or the source of the water.

Look on the bright side, you have all weather floor mats! Hope you get it corrected with no trouble.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The nice thing is I live in PA and the weather is quickly cooling here but I am going to have them look at it ASAP.

And yes I am very happy that I have the weather tech floor liners!!!

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
there is a hose that drips A/C condensation OUTSIDE of the XV just past the passenger tire. Maybe yours became disconnected? I have no idea if that drain hose attaches to the interior somewhere...just speculating. Might as well let the dealer fix it, thats what a warranty is for. But to save your interior until you can get to a dealer, it might be worth looking up in there for that hose or the source of the water.

Look on the bright side, you have all weather floor mats! Hope you get it corrected with no trouble.
Or plugged. You know that brown slimey build-up that can happen (if you've ever had an exterior window air conditioner). But as mentioned if it has become disconnected, the water has found a way in. Best to have the dealer fix it.

·
Banned
522 Posts
Any fluid leaking into the passenger area of any vehicle is not good. In the olden days, back when I was wrenching on cars a puddle like that meant your heater core went south. But since you didn't indicate a color tint to the pool of water or the asscociated sickly smell of Ethylene Glycol I'm guessing something else is amiss. Time to visit your Subie dealer..and soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the official word is that I had a clogged evaporator hose. Not sure how a hose can get clogged when I have only had the car for 6 months but it seems to be fixed. They did it for free and I was able to run my a/c all weekend.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks for the write up. I had the same experience recently with water on my passenger side husky liner. The car is heading to the dealer soon unless I can easily fix it.

·
Banned
522 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fast forward to 2021. The 2021 Crosstrek has the same issue. One would think that a redesign of the condensate drain system would have been made by now. Very disappointing. The dealer cleaned out the drain line today after running the car for only several months. I was told to remind them when I had it in for service, and they would blow out the line. I was told it gets clogged with pollen. Not acceptable.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
42 Posts
Fast forward to 2021. The 2021 Crosstrek has the same issue...
I had a 2006 Volvo that leaked water into the interior. Turned out that the sunroof drain hose narrowed at the bottom - a perfect design to clog easily. You might think that water drain hose problems would have been solved after fifty years of sunroofs and air conditioners. Apparently not.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts