·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,822 Posts
Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m adamantly opposed to any gimmick that takes control of a motor vehicle away from the driver. Most law enforcement agencies will tell you, you must be in control of your vehicle at all times. When the AS/S shuts down your car, you lose steering and the ability to make a split second decision which in an emergency may be all it takes. I’ve driven BMW’s version and Subarus. Granted the BMW version was alot smoother I still found a solution through programming. Now some out there love all the gimmicks which tells me maybe youdont like to drive and want a toy. Well I love to drive and need a car that can respond in a split second and a car with AS/S is actually somewhat crippled. Subaru needs to give owners a way to permanently shut of AS/S even if it means a recall. I wont even get into the defunct emergency brake which is absolute insanity for any real driver. One last point for all out there loving self driving cars…Its obvious you dont want to drive, don't enjoy driving, or whatever…please consider the train, a cab or Uber. Some of us love to drive and getting you out of our way would be a blessing. :p
This is why this company gave multiple manufactures a surefire way to disable AS/S with a "ELIMINATOR" 2020-2021 Subaru Crosstrek Autostop Eliminator

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Right here…nailed it. On the loaner Subaru gave me, it was initially turned off. After speaking with a couple people at the dealer, they didn’t like it. If I’m going to be forced to buy it in a car, there needs to be a way to shut it off, permanently.

For $99.99 ,here's your answer

·
Registered
27 Posts
LOL no no. Sorry, fighting pain from a broken tooth right now, brain is not fully online. Was waiting to pull out of the post office after dropping off mail, wanted to jump into the traffic since there was a break in it - and AS/S pushed the "nope" button on me. Not a fan of this crap, so I guess I will investigate ordering and installing a defeater module
Heres the answer to your prayers, for $99.99. 2020-2021 Subaru Crosstrek Autostop Eliminator

121 - 127 of 127 Posts